Episode Nine: This is Going To Hurt

After learning about the elements of fire, lightning, water and spirits, the Mysticons and Angel Land fighters were in another sparing match, this time a power type matchup sort of fight. There were special orbs Malvaron and Proxima made that can fight back! The group has also decided to let Keaton join the training session, having learned about his shapeshifting abilities.

Piper and Viridi, as well as Zarya and Dark Pit, were facing off against one whole whopper of a target. Viridi summoned a water lily to trap the target, but the flower started to wilt. Piper lent a helping hand by giving water to the lily, therefore giving it life again. This was the cue for Zarya and Dark Pit to combine their electric moves. Dark Pit charged towards the water logged flower just as the target was trying to free itself. Zarya's eyes glowed a fierce white as she's charging up her lightning attack, then shot a powerful lightning bolt just as Dark Pit's electroshock attack collided and blew the target up. "And that's why water and electricity don't mix," Zarya and Piper said in unison.

"Uh guys, a little help over here," Arkayna pled. She's been caught up in a protection sphere made out of fire, but the two orbs she was fighting showed no mercy despite getting burnt. Keaton, already in his beast form, had pushed one orb away from the Sublime Dragon Mage with all his strength. Pit, on the other hand, had blocked the other orb's path using his orbitars. Arkayna had just then remembered the fight in the city a month ago, and how Zuko had completely obliterated the soldiers he faced. "Get out of the way," she called, "I know what to do!" Keaton and Pit obeyed, having let the orbs charge towards the princess. Arkayna imbued herself with firepower and uppercut the orbs, sending off a pillar of fire to burn them to a crisp. She then landed gracefully and fashionably brushed her hair aside.

Palutena and Em had faced off against the final giant orb. The orb was charging towards the two, but they deflected it by using their respective shields. Much like the other two orbs, the orb showed no signs of surrender as it continuously attacked. "You are ever so irksome," Em scowled in her knight speech. "Her eyes then turned a bright lavender as she summoned her power of aura. "It's all yours, Em," said Palutena. She then shoved the orb even further away from the two fighters as Em launched up in the air and delivered a powerful hyper beam to finish it off. "Alright everyone, that's enough training for today," said Byleth from the lab. "Good… I'm exhausted," Em panted. "Me too," Piper panted as well before collapsing on the floor and having everyone else laugh.

Just then, Doug arrived with an assortment of brunch foods. "Mmm, that smells delicious," said Keaton. "Thanks," Doug replied, "your compliment really helped… uh…" "My name's Keaton, nice to know you," Keaton greeted, "you must be Doug, right? I've been told good things about you." Doug gasped, as if he was being recognized by a celebrity. "And here I thought he'd drop brunch and dance around like a fangirl," Dark Pit mocked, "it would have been funny too." "FYI, Pittoo, it was a TV commercial," Doug scolded, "I reacted like that for a reason. That made me really happy." Even with the slightly playful punch Zarya gave on his arm, Dark Pit chuckled. "If anyone else can help me carry this over to the dining hall, I'd really be grateful," Doug pled. "We're willing to help," said Palutena, "how hard can it be?" "Hard," Doug replied, "I cooked up an entire banquet just in case anyone wanted seconds." "I could really go for seconds," Pit joked, "last night and this morning definitely worked up quite the appetite." "You do realize you live in a palace, right," Proxima sighed. "Yeah, but the King and Queen gave the ground staff the day off," said Doug, "we have to do everything ourselves."

                              ************

The dining hall looked spectacular, with golden candlesticks holding expensive candles made out of cocoa butter. The food was very extravagant for a brunch; flounder with hollandaise sauce and boiled potatoes, plates of cold beef, veal, ham and pork, boiled mackrel submerged in aspic, spiced and pickled herring fillets, sardines, smoked eels and cod's roe, a bowl of hot boiled eggs, omelettes with chopped ham in them, chicken, fresh baked rolls, six different types of cheeses and beverages for everyone to enjoy.