Thirty-Six

Ariana

"Yo Ari! Does it take that long?" Dave yelled at me for the 4th time in 10 minutes.

"I'm coming Damn!" I yell back. I slid on my shades and grabbed my purse, slipping out of the room.

I went inside the livingroom to see Eli and Miles on their iPads Dave purchased them.

"Finally." All three of them said in unison causing me to smack my lips.

"Well I'm sorry." I said.

"Eli, can you take my picture?" I asked and he looked at Dave.

"Nigga she asked you." Dave said.

"Shut up David. Eli, please?" I asked and he smacked his lips with a sigh.

He got up and grabbed my phone from my hands.

"Thank you." I said as I posed.

Hearing the snap, I smiled and grabbed my phone. I looked over the picture and was very fond of it.

"You ready now baby momma?" He asked

"Yes baby daddy." I said and he rolled his eyes.

Seeing him grab a koolaid Jammer from the fridge, I asked for a water bottle. Going downstairs with the boys, we got in the truck and waited for Dave.

Once he came down, he got inside. He handed me my water bottle but that Koolaid Jammer he had was looking real good.

"Can I have some?" I asked before he pulled off.

"Some of what?" He asked.

"Some of that." I pointed at his drink.

"Man you should've said something. Here." He shoved me the drink.

"And if you would've got that on my white dress I would've beat your ass." I grilled him with my eyes.

"Man whatever." He said pulling out of the parking lot of his apartments.

He sped off down the street and when I was getting ready to say something, he turned the radio up on me.

I scoffed to myself, running my tongue over my teeth cause lord knows I was about to start talking shit but I didn't.

I kept it mute and that's what he was gonna get for the whole ride.

*
Feeling the truck come to a stop, I opened my eyes to see this two story home.

"Yay!" Miles said as he hopped out of the truck with Eli behind him in a quickness.

Dave got out and walked around to open the door for me.

"Thank you." I mumble with slight attitude, only to piss him off.

"Man what the fuck wrong with you?" He asked.

"Nothing. Something wrong with you?" I asked and he laughed lowly.

"Here you go. You on them games. Fix that face before I fix it for you." He whispered into my ear, his arm wrapped around my neck gently.

I smiled, playfully pushing him away.

He wrapped his arm around me as he opened the door. We walked inside the beautiful home and the food instantly made my nose flare.

With these pregnancy hormones, I could eat anything and a lot of it.

"Ma!" Dave yelled which made my heart drop.

"In here David!" I heard a female voice. He pulled me with him into the kitchen where his mom and two girls stood.

His mom gasp which scared the shit out of me.

"Is this Ariana?! The one I hear so much about?" His mom said as she grabbed my hand, pulling me in for a hug.

I smiled, finally relaxing from the nervousness.

"I want to be gentle. Usually I'm rough with hugs but your carrying my grandchild." She joked and I laughed.

"Wassup Sis." Dave said, hugging both girls.

I waited for him to introduce us but from the looks his sisters were giving me, I could tell we weren't gonna get along.

"Kayla, Bri, this is my girl Ariana. Ariana, Kayla and Bri." Dave said.

I held my hand out for them to shake but they didn't go for it. Hearing Dave smack his lips, I rubbed his back.

"It's fine Dave. It's nothing."

They lucky I don't have my best friend come tap that ass

Feeling Dave grip my hand, I knew I said my thoughts aloud.

"Hey grandma!" Miles said as he came in, hugging Dave's mom.

"Hey baby, where's Elijah?" She asked and Eli walked in. He hugged Dave's mom before running away to wherever they was before.

"Ariana, it's nice to have you in the family now pretty girl. Call me Dee." She said and I nodded.

"Dave, help your sisters set the table. Ari, come with me." She said, pulling my hand into the livingroom.

She sat me on the couch, reaching for the tea that was nearby. She poured me a small glass and I took a sip.

"Your very beautiful in person. Dave talks so much about you." She said and I blushed.

It was weird though because Dave hardly told me about her or any of his other family.

"Is that so." I said.

"Yes it is. Usually all the girls he brings in be them lil hoes but you? I see right through you and your something different, better for my son." She says, her hand on my leg.

"Ma! Get Kayla before I put her ass in headlock!" I heard Dave say.

Dee smacked her lips standing to her feet. She left to go see what was going on.

Seeing Miles coming in crying, my face softened.

"Awn what's wrong man?" I asked, picking him up and sitting him on my lap.

"Eli hit me in my eye." Miles said and I sighed.

I grabbed Miles hand and let him lead me to Eli. Going into this bedroom, I saw Eli peacefully on his iPad.

He was watching YouTube when I powered it off. He smacked his lips getting ready to say something until he saw it was me.

"Ma'am?" Eli said.

"Miles sit down beside Eli." I said and he did so.

"Eli, why did you hit your brother?" I asked.

"Because. He was being childish." Eli said, mugging Miles.

I palmed my face.

"Y'all gotta stop this okay? Y'all are always arguing and fighting. Y'all are brothers meaning y'all need to stick together. Y'all are all y'all got. It's you two against the world. Don't let y'all grow up to where it's you two against each other." I say.

"I'm sorry Miles for hitting you." Eli said.

"I'm sorry for being childish Eli." Miles said and i smiled.

"That sounds much better. Now I don't want to hear another argument out of you two. No matter what, have each other's back." I said before they pulled me in for a hug.

These were my boys for real.