Chapter 4:New Job And New Beginnings

[A/N:Eyy so I know you all hated me for the last chapter but I have no regrets but I'm gonna do it again so here we go! Also one swear at the very end of the chapter.]

Jeremy's P.O.V
_______________

I got a shower after my father left for the bar, while I was getting undressed I examined all the wounds I had knowing I had to patch them up eventually...but for now I was getting ready to go look for a job, I was going to try that pizza place that Mike used to work at besides if he could do it and supposedly "survive" then I could too....right...? I had to admit though I was extremely nervous...my mom was in the hospital (via my father) and I needed money to keep her on life support since my dad won't do anything about it.....he actually said he would rather see her die there.....

She was the only one who ever supported my decisions and I loved her for that but now she needed my support so I would pay as much as I could to her bill and set away a little at a time for an apartment...but this was when I was doing odd jobs for people in my neighborhood, I would buy alcohol for them, sometimes cigarettes, and also I hung around with gangs from time to time. I didn't do it for a long time though, I had to start doing it again but this isn't relevant. It turned out that my black eye wasn't that bad, I could easily hide it with some of my mom's old makeup.

I walked out in the cold air, it sent a small chill down my spine causing me to shiver slightly. I usually enjoyed the cold but my skin was now especially sensitive since I had been attacked...I walked quickly so I could get to the pizzeria before it closed. I made it at least twenty minutes to midnight, the manager was getting ready to lock up. "You here fer the night guard job?" He questioned taking out a cigarette. 'So it must be a popular job option' I thought but no words came to mind so I just nodded. "Aight, I had a day worker doin' it but I s'ppose you can start today. Here's a key to a locker, you should git a uniform out of it."

He instructed me passing a small silver key into my palm. The manager left leaving me alone, I looked at the number on the key '246' at least they all even...I walked to the locker and got the outfit on, before I went to the office I looked at the animatronics....they didn't seem too bad, in fact they were actually kinda cute! I smiled to them before leaving to get to the office. Now the rest of my day had been just fine, I wasn't beaten up much like I didn't have broken bones! That was something to be positive about, plus I just got a job! Although I don't know how much the pay is.....

Things were actually starting to look up for me, that is until I got to the office where I ran into the day guard that the manager had mentioned earlier. I fell to the floor with a little yelp, I was pulled up roughly though and when I was about to yell at the person I realized who it was and they recognized me. "Well, well, well, if it isn't little Fucksgerald."

Mike