Chaprer 23: Hell's Folly

[A/N: Never judge a chapter by its name my dear readers. In this case you can though. TRIGGER WARNING: BLOOD MENTION, SELF HARM THOUGHTS, VIOLENCE. ALSO EXTREMELY DEPRESSING SO IT IS NOT FOR YOU IF YOU ARE HAVING A BAD DAY ALREADY.]

Jeremy's P.O.V
________________

Mike left for work, he told me he could cover for both of us tonight since I needed to rest up from what happened at school. I shuddered at the thought, why did I have to be so weak...? Why wasn't I as strong or as brave as Mike? Why couldn't I act like the thought of being killed by the animatronics didn't bother me? Maybe it was because I had someone that actually cared about me and I cared about him so I was scared to loose him.

And that's why I didn't know if he cared about me...I mean sure he's said he loves me like a lot recently but how can I be sure? He still acts like a stone wall to me and I just can't take it anymore...I sighed a little as I left the apartment to go take a walk. I let myself wander around the city, I didn't exactly care where I was going...just so that I was distracted. I felt like crying sometimes but it never happened, like the tears were there but they just wouldn't fall so I was in a lot of pain.

You ever get that feeling? Where you are so proud of something you did or something you got and or are getting? And then just someone comes up be it friend or family and totally just undermines your achievement? So you just stand there and watch everyone bask in their accomplishment...forgetting you...so you just have a pit where your heart used to be...and you act really cold to anyone because you're afraid to get closer?

Well that's how I felt. Like I was worth nothing, hell I was just waiting for a sign to tell me I wasn't worth it. Well...

I got one.

I felt someone grab my wrist, and pull me into an ally. They covered my mouth before I could even get out a scream of help. Oh and low and behold who could it be? Vince of course! The person I despise, the person I loathe, the person that....that....I couldn't even bring myself to say it.

He started beating me up, I tried to cry out for help but nothing worked...I was dazing in and out of consciousness...every kick was either a spark of reality or a lure to the void. My body couldn't decide but I was begging to let go....I hated everything about life. What made it better was that Vince just kept reminding me of it.

"Worthless, that's what you are. How could anyone love you?" He said, over and over and over again.

Tears streamed down my face and I wanted it to stop. I kept begging, hoping that he would just stop.

Please

Please

Please

Please

I begged, to myself words never came as he kept hitting and kicking and punching...why couldn't I get away? I had a little strength left so why didn't go? Why didn't I leave?

Was it because I thought I deserved it? Was it because I might have really deserved it? I couldn't think straight anymore as I began to cough out blood. My lungs ached and I begged for death.

I almost got my wish.