Chapter 12:The Sun Will Shine

[A/N:Fluff to cure all illnesses! Also in my mind the puppet is a lovely little being with no gender SO DO NOT DARE QUESTION ME]

Mike's P.O.V
____________

I looked up when Jeremy entered the office and nearly fell back the chair because of how much shock I was in...he looked like he had been dragged through hell and back again. He looked just about as shocked that I was here with him tonight. "Yo Jeremy, you okay? You look like hell.." I asked with a raised brow. "Y-Yeah I'm fine...just some people messing around with me..." He muttered. Ah, so I wasn't the only bully to him? Well great, that just makes me feel so much better about myself!

Fitzgerald sat beside me, I was checking the halls and vents he was checking the cameras and the music box. This night was way too easy for a weekend...it's like they could sense something in the room was wrong, hell maybe I could leave and the animatronics still wouldn't do anything! I frowned a bit as the regular uneasy feeling settled into the room. Now this was something I was used to, being alert and on guard.

I felt like something was wrong but nothing was, no animatronics, no puppet, no nothing! The music was playing steadily and still I felt like something was wrong. Suddenly there was a loud noise from the hall, we both jumped and looked forward. I was nervous but I had to be brave, I stood up with a flash light and walked to the hall way. I turned it on and there was the puppet rubbing it's eyes sleepily but it was holding something...a cat?

I arched an eyebrow in question, what was a cat doing here? More importantly what was a cat doing here with the puppet? "This was near my box...take it." It muttered before leaving. I held the cat in my arms with a small frown, it was a black cat with bright blue eyes...why was it here in the pizzeria of all places, didn't it have an owner? Suddenly a voice piped up behind me. "Shadow?" That was Jeremy, so this must be Jeremy's cat...figures. "You have a cat?" I asked with a small scoff. He frowned a bit and took the cat from me, well more like he-oh...uh she jumped from my arms and into his.

"Not really...I-I found her on the streets, she looked a-alone and scared...plus she didn't h-have a collar so I-I figured she didn't have an owner..." He explained as he gently pet the cat, she purred lightly in his arms, if I didn't know better than I would have said that this cat was glaring at me. Who knows, maybe she was...I rolled my eyes and went back to the desk. The rest of the night went without a hassle and none of the animatronics showed up. Jeremy had fallen asleep during the rest of the ship with Shadow next to him curled into a tight ball. Normally I would be laughing at him but he needed to rest.

I got to take a closer look at him, he had been crying due to the drying moisture on his cheeks, some blood, and burns on his wrists...rope maybe? Something bigger was going on here...and it definitely wasn't a bully.