Chapter 20: Welcome Home

Jeremy's P.O.V
_____________

I watched quietly as we drove away from the cemetery, my heart sank a little with each passing mile, why was I still sad about this? Oh yeah, I'm completely alone besides Mike...I don't even care about him though. When he said he was sorry I knew he was lying, that spirit thing or whatever had possessed him said he wouldn't remember anything and he remembers everything! I felt so nervous about the subject so I didn't bother to bring it up, why bring up bad (but kind of pleasing) memories? He probably didn't even like it I mean he was with Doll and I was probably just nothing to him...I felt a tears prick at my eyes but they didn't come. Pain was overwhelming my entire body...I hated it. I wanted to scream and cry and yell...I was just so confused I don't know what I should be feeling.

We stopped suddenly and this wasn't my street...I looked over to Mike who was staring straight ahead at the road but before I could ask what he was doing he spoke. "Jere...we need to talk...I just need to get this off my chest." He sighed rubbing his forehead in annoyance, his eyes were closed and I had to admit that I really wanted to see those icy blue eyes again...they would give me some comfort from everything that was happening. "W-What is it Mike?" I asked, over the past days I noticed that I was starting to stutter less and less which made me happier. "Okay so uh I'm going to try something and uh you can hate it if you want just let me try it alright?" He muttered finally looking over towards me.

"M-Mike what are you talking a-abou-" I started but was interrupted by his lips. Literally his lips, he kissed me. My eyes widened and I felt butterflies in my stomach...was this normal? I felt my head spinning, my face becoming redder and redder from my blushing and my heart beating rapidly but I think I was enjoying it...I pressed back into the kiss letting my eyes close as Mike pulled me closer to him. I felt so safe...he made me happier than I had been, why hadn't I noticed this before? I always felt my heart flutter when I was around him and I stumbled over words when talking to him at work. Maybe I was falling in love...

I had no idea if if this was a good thing or a bad thing but for now I was almost certain that it was the best thing in the world. His lips were so soft and gentle, I could have just melted underneath them, as soon as he pulled away though I immediately missed the touch of them. Both of us were blushing a lot and whenever one of us tried to speak we happened to both start at it. "S-So that was nice..." I commented after he had started driving again. I could just feel his smirk growing on his features, I couldn't help but grin myself. "Heh yeah it was...by the way have I told you how cute you are?" He asked and I snickered happily.

"Oh shut up there is no way!"
"Yes there is you're cute!"
"I am not!"
"You are too!"
I pouted slightly as we bickered back and fourth. He looked over at me and gave me a goofy grin. A question I had been itching my way to ask made its way out of my mouth. "What about Doll Mike? Weren't you and her dating?" I asked looking over at him, I wish I hadn't asked because that goofy grin of his went away and in its place was a frown. "She and I aren't on speaking terms anymore, let alone dating terms." He stated and I nodded, so maybe I could be with him now...maybe this was the beginning of my new life. Maybe with him it would be better...maybe with him I could feel safe, I could feel home.