Chapter 26:Help Our Souls

[A/N:FEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS. Sorry not sorry friends/ lol jk yas I'm sorry, THAT IS WHY THIS IS FLUFFY FEELS! Also this song is a remix, I couldn't find the original but both versions are great.]

Mike's P.O.V
________________

It has been a week since the accident, I don't remember the last time I saw Jeremy. He was let go from the hospital but he didn't come back here...my landlord thought I had died until he came over to check on me. Upon finding out that I wasn't dead he said that I could have another week before I had to pay rent.

This time I wanted to die, the love of my life was gone and here I was trapped in the endless void of sorrow. I don't think I've cried this much in a long time. The only thing that kept me alive was this stupid cat Jere-he...left behind.

Shadow. She never left my side.

It was like she knew that I would do something to myself if she didn't comfort me from my break up with him. I gently ran my fingers through her fur, to which she greatly appreciated, when the doorbell rang.

With a sigh I heaved myself upwards to answer it the cat following me. When I opened the door I did not expect the visitor to be Je-him. He wouldn't look me in the eyes when he spoke. "What do you want?" I hissed. "I just wanted to talk..." He muttered, I rolled my eyes irritably. He was joking right? He wanted to talk? After all this? After EVERYTHING he did!?

"You want to talk? About what?" I growled which made him flinch. "A-About what happened between u-us..." He mumbled. "Yeah well I don't want to talk about it." I responded trying not to show the pain in my voice.

"M-Mike please...."
"No."
"B-But I-"
"Don't care."
"If y-you'll be q-quiet I can t-tell you-"
"Nothing. You'll tell me how it's my fault right? How I put you in danger?"
"W-What? No! Mike I-I love you so m-much, I-I never wanted to say that b-but-"
"But what? You found someone else? You realized you were right?"
"NO! VINCENT MADE ME!"

I was shocked and silent. I never heard him yell like that and I thought that he really meant it...I should have realized I was wrong. "I-I understand if y-you don't believe me I-I'll go..." Jeremy muttered as he turned to leave. Without thinking I grabbed his arm and pulled him close to me. I kissed his forehead gently, "You're really stupid if you don't think I love you still." I mumbled.

Jeremy wrapped his arms around me, "I didn't know i-if you would take m-me back..I-I just knew I screwed up." He whimpered, I gently returned his hug. "It wasn't your fault..." I mumbled.