𝟎𝟔

Illıllı

I set up the small filming camera that my father once had when he aspired to be the same thing I wanted to. His eyes would sparkle more than mine, his lips curling into smiles as he watched his favorite movies and wished that he could make one of his own. He was into it as much as me, but he left the field after his unbelievable events and he seemed to disappear from all things relating to movies.

I truly couldn't think of a better spot, not just because my dad filmed a 'short' here and never finished, but because of the scenery that I couldn't stop staring at whenever I passed it. Either riding my bike or looking as I passed by, it was just too much to see in one day. But for this day, we were using it as a spot for some scenes and the camera wouldn't be facing anything of the beautiful. It would face a tree and some grass. "Alright! You got that set up?" Darris patted my shoulder and looked at the others as they were fixing their clothes or hair, making sure that they looked the way they needed to. Evanie fixed her hair as the beautiful locks she had were now in a braid and brought to the side, one hair style that she hates in real life.

I nodded my head to Darris, and he started to position Evanie and Hunter in the way they need to be in for this specific act. Evanie laid her head on Hunter's legs as he crossed them and brought her hair to the side. I saw Evanie smile a bit as she stared at Darris, and as he messed with the baby hairs against her skin, I knew she would never give up on this stupid boy in front of her. But I would soon be stuck in it again when she cries over the dark-skinned boy who doesn't care at all. I focused my attention elsewhere and made sure that my camera was looking to them perfectly as I felt someone lean close to me, "You excited?" Jax's voice was brought up to my hearing and I smiled. "Yeah I am." Him and Wyatt watched as they began to run the scene. An image that I've always wanted to see, something different, new, and even nostalgic as I remembered sitting on the same spot watching my dad smile at his own camera. A camcorder in my small hand and I would film him filming others.

That silver lined camcorder that I continued to love until I was 13, I still have it. I bring it everywhere and I still have the beautiful memories in there, but I haven't found the use of it. Every time I use it, I see his smile and that makes me want to give up in the biggest of things. Because he never got to the bigger screens, the higher life. He held back to the life we had and never moved on which scared the living hell out of me. That's when I started writing the script because I couldn't hold it in anymore and some of the words in some scenes were real words I said, but I would always keep that a secret because no one would understand the feeling like I did. They wouldn't see my dad when filming or smile when acting the way he did. They would try to finish a job and move on, that wasn't special at all.

Illıllı

Evanie was spacing out as we were back at the apartment, today was Wednesday and we had skipped school. It got to the point where Darris was about to drop out but we all knew this would affect the rest of us if we wanted to get into a college for a degree in film or acting. He didn't care, but I wasn't even focusing on school or my friends. I was looking at the bare wall that made me think easily. More ideas brought. I was also tired, too tired to go anywhere but also hungry and wanting something new. "Do you guys want to go eat?"

Wyatt waved his hand, "I'm too tired to get out of here."

"I'll go, if you do." My eyes shifted to Louis as he sat there with a small smile on his face, his hair flopping down on his head as it was trying it's hardest to cover his eyes. Though he was being kind, there was a silence in the room. Everyone looked at him. Darris looking like he was half asleep, Wyatt looking back and forth confused, Jax's eyes narrowed as I smiled. I nodded my head and as Louis got up. Jax looked at Louis' arm stretched out to help me get up from the couch. I took it and looked at Evanie who was kissing the air and drawing hearts into it too. Her small laugh broke a silence and caused the rest of the guys to look at her for answers. "What?"

The boys didn't say anything, just looks toward her direction. She shrugged and I turned my attention to the coat rack that was in front of the main door, "Do you want yours?" I looked at Louis with a small smile, not really answering his question because I started to daze off as I watched his skin turn a pinkish color, and his brown eyes seem to lighten. "(Y/n)?"

"Oh yeah, thank you." He grabbed the coat and smoothly put it around me, his boldness coming through for the first time and I couldn't help but look at him as he was too embarrassed to give me eye contact.

"Be home by 10." Evanie yelled jokingly but as I turned to look over at the rest of my friends, their faces were serious. I understood Wyatt as he was confused. Darris as he was protective, it made sense in a way that I've known him my whole life and I've met Louis a couple weeks ago. But Jax was different, he was calm but serious. His eyes drifting over to the wall, then to mine. I felt bad because I knew he couldn't help it; I knew it was different now when I look at him and he looks at me. We still wish for the best, to continue our lives without distractions, and making sure that we don't tell anyone anything. Because even though we may stare at the cream blank walls and look back at each other seriously, our minds are still remembering what happened that past humid summer of our junior year.

Illıllı