𝟐𝟑

Illıllı

    He sat there, my head on his lap, and the sound of the air conditioner turning on and off. It was completely quiet as Louis thought about all the things I said. The fight with Evanie and my real thoughts of how her words made me feel, but I was kind of wishing that I could hang out with my mom right now.

    I don't know what it was, but that night was one of the best in a while. I was wishing for Jaden to text me and say something along the lines of, "Hey, you want to hang out?" But it hadn't come, and I was just looking at Louis who wasn't even bearing to look at me in the eyes. He was mainly thinking about his words too, his hard thoughts about how I was constantly bothered about Evanie's comments. So maybe he was thinking about whether or not it would work, but I was more focused on the actual things going on inside my head or maybe I should be focusing more on the reality of it all.

    "Ms. (Y/l/n), would you like to lift your head and pay attention?" My imagining of this morning's events was cut short. The light of the classroom now affecting my eyes in a way of shock to the brightness as I was just under a dark hole of my own arms. "Sorry." I simply put my book away and decided if I should lean back, it really didn't matter because Easton wasn't here today. My head almost touching the seat until someone lifted my head and put a hoodie there instead of the hard chair back and wooden desk. I looked over to Jaden who was annoyed at my actions of sleeping in class but tried his best to not look like he cared.

    He moved seats to be behind me and adjusted the hoodie again, "I'll get the notes for you." I nodded my head and felt my eyes fall to the contact of my eyelashes on the skin near my cheek. All I heard after that were muffles of the things that were going on around me.

    It was a daze of some sort of darkness that kept me to be able to sit there and not be disturbed, I felt a couple of taps from Jaden's pen announcing that it was time to get ready to go to our next class. Lazily I got up and grabbed my bag right as the bell rang, fixing my hair a bit and then making my way out of the class. Jaden following behind me, ruffling my hair, and making his way over to his next class as I made my way over to the library. Study hall for me and I was still unsure if the group was going to be there. I had disconnected from them for the past day, so it was a bit of change not sleeping in Wyatt's apartment for once.

    I made my way over to an empty table, four seats surrounding it as a couple of backpacks were scattered randomly around it. Darris' and Wyatt's backpacks were some of the ones, so I was pretty sure this was the one they were at. I opened my book and started to highlight the certain notes that would be on the test, Jaden just sending the ones from Calculus. About ten minutes passed before they all came in with smiles of their faces. Hunter, Louis, and Darris walking and laughing about something that Hunter was showing them on the phone. Wyatt and Evanie messing around as Wyatt teased her with not giving her phone back. Maybe it was just me, but I felt like I had missed something.

    They all sat down and opened their books too, Louis nudging me softly as he wrapped his arm around my chair. None of them really went into the books and read what they were supposed to, but I didn't bother saying anything. Just awkwardly laughing a bit as I tried my best to finish studying. It was a feeling that I had never felt before, the stiff environment as I was the only one who was kind of confused about why everyone was acting normal.

    But I didn't say anything, and I really didn't feel the need to. I was just casually going along with my day and everything else really didn't matter. But maybe it did, I wouldn't even know anymore.

    All I knew was that when Jaden passed our group, making his way to the comic section, I really wanted to join him. For the first time I was feeling left out of the one place that I did feel comfortable in and I didn't even know why.