𝟎𝟗

Illıllı

Louis nudged Hunter as they were walking down the sidewalk, "Maybe if you just look at her in the eyes and tell her that you find her interesting, then she will accept you as a new friend. Don't be scared about it."

I was walking backwards as I held the heavy camera in my hands, Darris behind me as we walked and making sure I wasn't going to fall. Louis continued his lines and Hunter did too, their flow in the script was easy for them. I was looking into the small area of the camera so I can see the output of the recording and my eyes were mainly focusing on Louis. His attractiveness distracting me as we continued to walk, so when it was time to stop and focus on the scene and not continue the walking, Darris had to snap me out of it by flicking my shoulder.

"Don't be too much, just tell her how you feel without saying a lot." After Louis' last line, Darris calls the 'cut' and pulls me aside lightly so no one was close enough to hear. "Look, I get it you're interested in this new guy, but it's getting a bit annoying. Professional, that's all we've been talking about since we were younger. We all agreed on that, so why can't you just hold in your feelings for once and film a movie?"

"So, I just need to suck in my feelings? Is that what you want? A boring, bland director?" I brought the camera down from the placement it was at on my shoulder. I held it close to my body with both of my hands as I waited for his answer. He pursed his lips and nodded, "If I can keep in my feelings-"

I cut him off and moved him away further from everyone, "Your feelings? What are you-"

"We need to start the next scene, no time to talk. Get your head out of your ass." He quickly walked away before I could say anything. He was not even going to tell me what he meant, I guess he wanted to keep his feelings a secret. Like always.

I walked back kind of suspicious and Evanie quickly put her arm around my shoulder, "Why is everyone acting weird?" I shrugged my shoulders and looked over at her, I didn't want to tell her what Darris said because if he was talking about him having feelings for someone, then I didn't want to disappoint her if it wasn't even her. I smiled as she looked over at the boys fixing their hair and laughing at something Jax showed them on his phone. "I feel like Hunter and Louis make the group just a bit better."

I nodded my head again and she poked my cheek with her finger, "I bet Louis is making you real happy." I rolled my eyes and she made me face her. Our faces were so close that I felt like laughing, she was that kind of person to get in your space. "I see you guys. Laughing together, smiling, staring for too long." I looked into my backpack, rummaging through for my camcorder. "Everyone sees it." She continued talking as I filmed with the small camera in my hand. She made faces into the lens and I smiled as the rest of the guys I had come over and started to mess around. A genuine smile showing on my face as the sun was glaring it's heat down on us, we all smelled like grass as if we had been playing outside for the day. The new smell brought memories back to when Darris, Wyatt, and I were little. Each of us rolling down the grass hills and marking our jeans with a green tint, not really caring and continuing to laugh as our small kid teeth either had gaps or were growing in with adult teeth.

I pressed the stop button, a small click. Everyone laughed around as we had just decided to stop for the day. Some of the extras went home, some wandered off from us, since we were done, there was no use to stay. But we did. All seven of us sat on the grass and stared off to the street as cars passed by. It was silent as I sat next to Evanie. The guys were on her side, but Louis had moved next to me. It was unexpected with the sense that I didn't think he'd be so obvious about how the small things we felt right now about each other. He didn't look at me as my knees were up to my chest, I glanced at him a couple times, but he didn't give me anything. We stayed there for a couple of hours, but instead of staring at cars for a while we just sat on the grass and talked to each other. I was sitting in the same position as before with Louis right next to me again. Us all in a oval type shape talking.

"We should get out of the apartment more often." Wyatt nudged Darris as he was picking the grass off of the ground and letting it fly behind him as the small breeze passed by. "I've been telling you guys that, but everyone keeps wanting to watch movies to give them a score every afternoon." Evanie was joking with them but I know she really felt that way. She was getting kind of sick of our movie afternoons.

"I mean I guess, it's nice." Darris looked at me and for the first time in a while, I actually saw him smile. A genuine one too, not so serious as he was just a couple hours ago. "Maybe we can go to a lake or something and film a shot there."

"We mean without cameras and without the feeling of us doing work." Jax added. He nodded his head as Wyatt started to name off places that we could go, their conversations turning into laughing fits and Hunter bonding with Wyatt so much more than I expected. I stayed out of the conversation and just listened to them as they started to talk about how they don't want our senior year to end up in trash because of all the time we're using for the film. I really was paying attention for some parts, it was nice to see them all interacting and not giving weird looks like yesterday. But as I was looking at the tree beside us, examining the leaves, I felt a hand on mine. Grasping onto it and not letting go. I knew who it was, that's why my heartbeat was as fast as the Flash, and I didn't make any emotion shown on my face as no one was seeing our hands. They were all too busy in their conversation to notice, but of course I did.

I continued to listen to their conversation, Louis' hand still on mine. He was smiling at everyone else and in the moment that I looked at him, he looked at me too. A small smile and his eyebrows raised as he tried to make it look like he wasn't doing anything wrong, us just talking with our eyes. He leaned closer to me, his shoulder touching mine, and he whispered in my ear. "Why are you nervous?" I looked over to him, our faces close, us in our daze that we didn't even realize that everyone else had stopped talking.

Evanie coughed covering a laugh coming from her and I looked at her seriously before moving my body a little bit away from Louis, causing our hands to separate from each other. Everyone was quiet, but Darris cleared his throat before anyone asked any unnecessary questions.

"We should probably start heading back."

They all nodded and as we got up, Evanie came to my side slinging her arm around my shoulder again, "Real smooth, we didn't see a thing." He sarcasm turned into a laugh; I became embarrassed. My face becoming red as we all gathered our stuff and starting to head back to the apartment. I kept my head down but when I did look up, I realized that we were behind everyone else. Hunter, Louis, and Wyatt were talking to each other as they would take peeks at Evanie and I from time to time, but Jax and Darris were just talking, they seemed more serious, and I was afraid of what was going to happen when we got back to the small apartment that has kept in our shouting before.

Illıllı