𝟎𝟖

Illıllı

    I smiled as Louis opened the door for me as we made it to the apartment. I placed the food down on the kitchen counter and started to take off my hoodie as Louis did the same. He continued to smile at me and I just hung up the jacket so that I can give everyone their food.

    It was nice being able to talk to him, he was talking a lot on the way home. He was probably still proud of our little moment that we both tried to not make a big deal out of, but as seventeen year old kids I guess it was a big deal.

    We had taken the long route back to the apartment, it's not like the food would get cold or anything, but I hadn't even realized it until I saw that we were close to my house. My actual house, the one that my mom pays for and leaves for me to stay at but most of the time I don't. So, when I saw it, I started to over think about it. He would continue talking about something important to him and I would be distracted. I had a feeling he could tell because he would stop talking and look at me. He didn't really go into anything deep about himself or ask about why I was so off. I hadn't talked for a while, so he just didn't say anything else. But as we were nearing the apartment, I felt his hand brush against mine. We had both looked down at our hands and then at each other, small laughs from both of us and I think I had blushed a lot more than I should've.

    "Did you get me something?"

    I was snapped back into reality as Wyatt was standing by my side, I guess I had been replaying our little journey in my head that I didn't notice him there. Even Louis had made his way over to the couch where Hunter was sitting and talking to Evanie as they both got excited about their love for YA books. He glanced up at me with another smile as I tried to get myself controlled, "Yeah, here." I tossed him the tightly wrapped sandwich and grabbed the plastic bag so everyone could get one. Once I was finished, I moved back over to the kitchen. I put away the cups that were dried from the previous dishwashing as the rest of the group was beginning to put a movie on.

    "So-" Jax stood next to me grabbing the plate, I was about to put away, from my hands.

    "So?"

    "What's going on between you guys?" His voice was low clearly not wanting anyone else to hear our conversation. I shrugged my shoulders and grabbed a bowl, putting it away and coming back near the sink. As I wasn't paying attention to him, he moved my shoulder to the side so that I would look at him. "(Y/n)."

    "What Jax? What do you want me to say?" We were clearly whisper shouting now, and I was getting annoyed because I knew where this conversation was going to lead us.

    "I want to know how you feel about him. I'm your best friend, I should know." He leaned his back on the kitchen counter and brushed his hair back as he looked over to them to make sure no one was paying attention to us.

    I pursed my lips together and a forced smile was put on my face, "Is this my best friend Jax speaking or is it jealous Jax from the past?"

    Crossing his arms and looking away from me again, he did this all the time and acted like I didn't even notice. His annoyed expression already giving me the answer that he wasn't looking out for me, he was mad I was hanging around him. "Can we just go into the living room and act like the friends we are." I stood close to him and put my finger on his chest, "We are not starting drama again, I'm tired of it." A stern expression on my face and he slowly nodded his head before giving in.

    "What are you guys doing?" Evanie yelled from the living room. She was laying her head on Hunter's legs as Darris and Wyatt were obviously being weird about this whole afternoon. Darris on the loveseat as Wyatt was sitting up straight looking over at Evanie annoyed. His jealously was clearly showing through too, but honestly Evanie and I both know she would never date Hunter. He's just not her type.

    "Nothing, we're coming." I patted Jax's shoulder and made my way over to the living room where everyone was now looking at us suspiciously. The layout was something that I had to process before anyone got the wrong idea. As Evanie and Hunter were on one couch, Darris sat in the loveseat, Wyatt on one couch by himself, and Louis was sitting on the extra medium sized couch that we take out when we have people over. It was either I piss off Jax more and sit with Louis or I don't make my feelings obvious and sit next to Wyatt, which I didn't mind. I made up my mind but not fast enough. Jax sat up straight next to Louis and I made my way over to Wyatt. We both looked at each other, speaking with our eyes, and then nodding as Wyatt knew what we were both bothered by. With Wy always knowing how I am, I'm pretty sure he picked up that I had a good time with Louis and that the seat Jax is sitting in should've been mine. I didn't fuss about it, no one said anything. The movie continued and Hunter and Evanie kept talking about how they read the book before watching the movie because of the fact that they hate when they do it the other way around. It wasn't like Hunter was fangirling or anything, he made it pretty obvious that he was adoring the female leads as we watched All the Bright Places and then about to start The Perks of Being a Wallflower. And as the rest of us were actually watching the movie, they were laughing in the corner of spoilers they wanted to tell us. Except they didn't really think about how Wyatt, Darris, and I watched these movies already. 

    The screen continued to change to different scenes, my favorite parts coming up, and I adored the way that Emma Watson had played her character. She was authentically beautiful, her skin always clear with any angle she was being looked at. I was clearly in my thoughts about the movie, so distracted that when Louis said something I almost didn't catch it.

    "I want to be like Ezra Miller." He said it quietly, but we all heard. It was quiet afterward, but I just smiled as he adored the way Ezra was such a great actor in the movie. A small smile on his face and everyone else just taking in that the level Ezra was at was kind of hard to reach, especially because we were only filming a short film that might not even make it out there.

    "I think you can do it." Everyone faced me, Evanie in the corner of my eye smiling. But I was only looking at Louis, "Really?" His eyes met mine as he asked, and I nodded.

    "You're pretty great."

    Hunter, Wyatt, and Darris looked at us both confused. Jax shifting his attention to the movie before he said something he'd regret. But I didn't even care what they thought, because I believed in Louis. I don't know what it is, but I know he can make it. And as he continued to smile and mouthed a 'thank you' in my direction, I couldn't help but feel the need to work harder on the film so Louis can make it. So we can all make it.

Illıllı