𝟐𝟎

ıllıllı

    "My question is, why would you go over there when you knew they were doing that?" Evanie had snitched, which I didn't mind but now I was having a lengthy conversation with Louis as we were in the apartment and everyone else was trying to stay out of the way. "Did you want to do it too?" He was angry and now that his accent was showing more and more, it just made him attractive, but I couldn't say that to his face, he was having his time right now.

    "Of course, I didn't want to do it with them—"

    He cut me off, "Then why were you there?" I paused thinking about what I should say, or if I should say anything at all. I knew he'd be mad regardless, but I was concerned he was going to feel unimportant in our relations-well whatever it is we are. I came to the decision that I really couldn't hide anything, "Jax was going to do things that aren't good for him, I was just trying to help." I trailed off at the end, wondering what he was going to say next. He looked at me confused, was about to say something, and then paused.

    Then it happened again, and I was now worried that it was going to be a bigger problem, "You're telling me..." His voice was calm, "that you went to go help someone who didn't even care to help you? I mean, how stupid can you be?" That hurt, especially coming from his mouth and as mine was a gapped, I was feeling embarrassed of myself even more.

    "I can't believe you would do that, after everything that happened to you!" He yelled out of frustration and I sat there with eyes widened. "He did stuff to you and I had to fix it, so if we get in a relationship are you still going to have him behind the curtains? Is this all going to be a waste of time?" He looked hurt.

    The guys had already come over to living room when Louis yelled, and it seemed like they wanted to get him out of here as soon as possible. Wyatt tugging at his arm, but Louis just tugged it back. "I want the truth! Is he going to get in between everything?"

    I shook my head, feeling insecure about the things that I had done and maybe I was being selfish, I just didn't want to say anything that could make him feel worse. But also, I wasn't thinking about Louis, and I was trying to save someone who was making their own decisions, "No, he isn't."

    Grinding his teeth, he looked at me seriously. He sat down beside me on the couch, biting his inner lip, and looking over at me as I was still staring at my hands. "I'm sorry." He said it quick, but I could tell he was embarrassed. "I just-"

    "I'm not going to go to back to Jax, if you're so worried about that." I spat it out like I was talking to someone random, but I was kind of annoyed that he'd think that I'd just cheat or leave him on the spot. "I never said that."

    "But you thought about it." I crossed my arms, and he laughed a bit. I looked at him, not a smile on my face and then that's when he noticed. "What's that?" He pointed to my neck, small marks were still there even though Jaden didn't hurt me but Louis was curious.

    "It doesn't matter, as long as I'm okay, right?"

    "No, not at all." He lifted my chin and looked at it as he bit his inner lip again, "Who did it?"

    I stayed quiet, "Starts with a 'J' and ends with a 'aden'." Evanie was having a lot of fun with this, doing it on purpose because she saw how much Louis was caring.

    "Jaden. Alright then." He got up, grabbing his coat and making his way out of the apartment with Hunter, Wyatt, and Darris running after him as they scrambled to put their shoes on. The door slamming shut and then I looked at Ev.

    "Why would you say that?"

    She flopped onto the couch and messed with the bare skin of her nose as she hadn't been wearing her nose ring in a while, "Louis cares, (Y/n). Why don't you just let him be there for you?"

    "Because this is going to blow up in your face when he gets hurt! Oh, but you didn't think of that!" I got up from the couch and moved over to the kitchen.

    "So, you're blaming me?!" She scoffed as she got up too, "All I wanted to do was be honest with Louis, like how you should be because you like him. Why can't you just be honest?"

    "Honest? We're talking about honest now! Evanie, you kept so many things from me when we were in middle school but then you expected me to tell you everything! Look I'm trying my best, but I didn't know Jaden was going to grip onto my neck and look at me like I was nothing!"

    "-honest! That's all I'm talking about! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO HIM!-"

    "THEN YOU DATE HIM!" I yelled, I hadn't done that to her in a while, so I calmed down before I spoke again. "If you're so upset about how I am and how I can't handle any of my relationships, then go ahead and treat Louis how he's supposed to be treated. Stop telling me about it."

    She looked down at the ground and then back at me, "You think I'd do it?"

    "No-"

    "THEN WHY WOULD YOU SAY IT?!"

    I was confused, I didn't understand why she was yelling about this but then I was already too tired of fighting that I just decided to yell back too, "BECAUSE EVERYDAY YOU REMIND ME OF HOW LUCKY I AM TO HAVE LOUIS! DON'T YOU THINK I KNOW THAT, THAT'S WHY I'M TRYING MY BEST!"

    "WELL, YOU'RE NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH!" She was crying, tears spilling from her eyes. I was pissed off at how she was being, and I did understand her point of view on things, but I was just annoyed.

    I didn't want to bother with the yelling and screaming and crying. I didn't want to be involved if we started throwing things at each other, because I love Evanie and if we do that, everything changes. So, I quickly put on my shoes and grabbed my bag from the floor, opening the front door of the apartment.

    "Where are you going?"

    "I'm leaving." Bland as I could be, I said it. Then I shut the door and made my way down the hallway of nothing but anger disappearing from me because it was overfilled with a guilt that I was wishing to not see.

ıllıllı