𝟏𝟏

Illıllı

    Soon he will notice how much I look at him, how much I wish he would just jump out of the frame. He was right there, just jump. Just walk a bit forward, maybe a leap, do it for me. A couple seconds, he's wasting my time, one more second. Nothing.

    "I don't know if I can do it!" She yelled. Her small, high pitched voice calling over to the other side. He was standing there with his arms wide open. "It's okay, I'll catch you. I promise."

    She hesitated, small breaths coming out from her mouth, a scared body and mind. If she jumped now, she probably wouldn't make it. But if he jumped, maybe they could just go back home and think about how they never did it. Her furrowed eyebrows looking at him, "I'm gonna do it!"

    "You promise?" He asked and she nodded her head frantically. With the count to three, she gave herself some space to have a running start. Her left leg going forward first, then her right, then she made a large yell come out of her mouth as she was now in the air waiting for the catch he had promised, he waited and-

    "How have you been eating lately?" Mom placed the frame down. It was facing the cabinet we had, no picture being shown anymore. I stood there and gave her my best smile, "I'm good, don't worry." She nodded as she looked into the mirror, she fixed her blazer. "Don't forget about visiting Ms. Fran, she said she'd give you advice about colleges and all that." Now she was fixing her eyelash extensions.

    "Ms. Fran moved out of the complex three weeks ago."

    She faced me with a confused expression and sighed, "Well, do you need a college counselor then?"

    "No, I'm okay." I fiddled with the strings of my hoodie and bit my inner lip, "So how long are you staying? A week or a month this time? You can finally see all of us making our-"

    She cut me off, "Right now actually, I've got a million things I have to do. Plus, I've been assigned to someone new, so when I come back, we'll have some fun." She smiled proudly as she came close to me and caressed my cheek. "I love you, my doll."

    "When will you be back?" She was already starting to walk out of the door but before she left, she peaked her head inside, "In I think 2 weeks or months? I don't know, but I think we're also going to Canada for a meeting." She scrambled to put her heels on and smiled at me once more, "I'll see you later." A small wave and then she was gone.

    I waved at the closed door and pursed my lips, "Bye." It came out more of a whisper, a small voice that I didn't use around my friends, but it was always used in this apartment building. Maybe that was why I didn't really like staying in it so much, too many things making my voice a bit lower than before.

    I walked over to the picture frame and put it back up, "See you later Pa." I kissed my index and middle finger, placing it right where he was on the picture. I walked over to the couch, grabbing my backpack, and making my way over to the front door. Leaving this house for the next week or depending on how I'm feeling. So, as I walked out of the complex, I couldn't help but think of the aftermath of every time my mom left for work. Was she working? Or was she drinking those tiny martinis in a high-class hotel? But I would push them aside and realize that I didn't need to worry about it, because my family at Wyatt's apartment were probably going to be awkward as we all stood there after school in a deep confusion of how we will finish this movie in the next weeks.

Illıllı

    I plopped onto to sofa, I was physically and mentally tired the whole day. I was the first one at the apartment besides Wyatt who didn't even show up to school that day and right now we were both staring at the blank wall of the apartment thinking.