𝟑𝟎

Illıllı

"Evanie." (Y/n) spoke softly as her voice almost started to crack, unbearable tears welling in her eyes. She stepped forward and looked at her intently, then to the guy next to her, then to Easton who was standing behind the register without having a clue of anything that is going on.

I could tell that Ev didn't really know how much of a headache she had given all of us, but I and no one else had to say something before Wyatt started to pull her arm and self out of the restaurant. It all felt like things were going in slow motion, my arms swinging over (Y/n)'s shoulder, Wyatt walking fast, Darris and Hunter looking back and forth from the male that was next to Evanie to us.

It was just so much for one day and it felt as if I couldn't see anything properly. My heart raced rapidly as I stared at (Y/n), as I continued to see Wyatt's angry expression, and the confrontation that was about to happen with the so-called film maker and casting director. So as fast as my eyes were to going everywhere in a slow manner, they quickly went back to the realization that we were in the middle of the sidewalk. The busy street sounds now blaring, but nothing could be as loud as Wyatt right now.

"What is wrong with you?!"

Evanie looked a bit dumbfounded, but then again looked like she wasn't allowed to care. "Wy, what are you so pressed about?"

We all looked at each other in confusion, then at the guy who stood behind Evanie waiting. He didn't seem like he was a film maker or a casting director at all, he just seemed to be a normal high school student. It was something about the confusion on his face that I soon realized that we might've been in the wrong this time without even knowing anything. "Ev, who's he?"

She looked over to me with a smile, "This is Brandon Smith, he goes to Bakers High in Rockford—" She raised her eyebrows as she looked at (Y/n). "(Y/n/n), what's wrong?" And as pissed off as (Y/n) looked, she turned on her heels and started to walk away as she saw how Evanie wasn't in trouble at all. I think she had seen enough, enough for her eyes in one day. Enough of a headache when her friend wasn't even screaming or hurting.

I stayed behind for a bit until I noticed that Hunter, Darris, and Wyatt were walking too in the same direction.

"Louis, what's going on with everyone?"

I shook my head and brushed back my hair, "You were never going to the audition, were you?" Her eyes widened a bit and she rose her hand in defense. "Lou, I just wanted something private for once. To meet someone new, and maybe I was thinking of going but then Brandon and I started talking and that never happened. I'm sorry, but you guys need to stop worryi—"

"STOP WORRYING?!" I scoffed at her words, ungrateful and making everything seem like she didn't almost worry us to death, "Evanie. You were the one who possibly told anyone you knew that you were going to this audition. Ma'am found out and told (Y/n), the most worried person out of all of us. Stop acting like we were doing something wrong when we were all prepared to have to save you from some stupid small apartment that was probably going to use you for inappropriate photos and then what? You expect us not to worry?" Her furrowed eyebrows fell, her eyes softened, and her hand fell from Brandon's as they were holding each other's in front of Wyatt.

I started to walk away as she looked at me with those stupid eyes that I was so mad at because she couldn't give a care in the world that (Y/n) risked everything for her. "Oh, and if you don't mind. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't mess with Wyatt's feelings because that-" I pointed to both of them and shook my head, "That's just making him feel worse." She said something else. Words that I wasn't going to bother even listening to, because right now all I needed to do was get back to (Y/n) and that was final.

Illıllı

𝐘 / 𝐍 ✧˚ ·.

"I can't fucking believe this!" Wyatt threw a pillow at the wall out of frustration and looked at me. "I can't do this anymore; I can't keep trying when she's out hooking up with some random guy from Rockford and all of us are thinking that she was about to die!" He shook his head, ruffled his hair, and pressed down on his forehead as he fell onto the sofa backwards. He was quiet, and I knew he was crying. One sniffle, then another. He was simply finished with everything we were being put through.

"It's not even this anymore, it's the fact that our friend group is just falling apart. First, Jax is some type of preppy bitch, and now Evanie is making us almost shit bricks because she's concerned more about her new boyfriend then to tell her friends the truth." He wiped his face again and mumbled profanities under his breath. He was unsatisfied as he heard the apartment door open and the sight of Evanie in the flesh pissed him off even more. Her slow steps were enough to make him get up from the sofa and almost start walking to his room, but then turning around and looking at her intently as she stood there waiting for him to say something.

"Wy—"

"Get the hell out of my apartment." I was surprised he said it calmly after his small fit. Because I was okay that he was yelling as I sat on the loveseat and Louis crossed his arms sitting on the couch next to mine. He didn't want to disturb my mind, he said. "Wyatt, please just let me explain some things real qui—"

"Yeah, go ahead! Explain the bullshit lies! Explain why you were out with a guy from Rockford! EXPLAIN PLEASE SO I CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT WE ARE DOING WRONG AS FRIENDS, AS PEOPLE, AS HUMANS!" His face was red, out of anger of course and I just watched. So did Darris and Hunter from the bar stools near the kitchen. "You know, I loved you—"

He was starting to cry again, unashamed from the tears. This wasn't even about the fact that she lied anymore, Wyatt was just frustrated. "I fucking adored you!" More tears and now I was about to cry for him too. "And when you love and adore someone so freaking much, you want to take care of them. You want to show them that you care." He roughly cleaned the tears, "You'll run a couple blocks to save them from death and you'll look at them and say, I'm so glad you're okay. None of this is love anymore, it's a one-sided thing. It's you being in love with your mind and soul." She stared intently as he continued.

"It's you being obsessed with everyone's business and craving off of this one sided friendship you give us all. I know I'm not the only one to notice." He stepped forward to look at her and nod his head slowly, "I'm glad you're in love with yourself, and you didn't fall in love with me."

She slowly raised her hand to try to wipe the dry tears off his face, but he stepped back. "I'm glad because I don't think I could take a real heartbreak from you if this has been the saddest shit in my life." She bit the inner corner of her cheek, trying not to cry. She knew she had been hurting Wyatt, but she didn't stop and seeing him like this was the worst pain she could ever imagine.

"I hope you don't forget how much we all care, because right now no one appreciates the annoyance you had with our actions and the smug look on your face because you're not satisfied. Well guess what, you were never satisfied with any of us." He took a deep breath and wiped his tears again. Wyatt was officially done with the hurt and the sorrow he's had for these past years, he'll always look at her but--

"And I'll never be enough for you."

Illıllı