𝟐𝟖

Illıllı

    "I'm thinking about doing it, no matter what you or my parents say." She flipped her hair off her shoulders and smiled at Wyatt as they were on the couch. Her legs were over Wyatt's, and he continued to daydream as he listened to her talk. "Where is it being held?" He asked.

She pulled it up on her phone and smiled brightly, "It's a small place, but they promised me a good pay and that it's a good script. I trust these people."

Darris cut in, "You don't even know them, how can trust them?" He flopped onto the loveseat and watched as she was getting ready to argue. "I did a bit of research, and some reviews were saying that the auditions are easy and that they usually choose girls like me." She smiled as she started to go through her phone again, now looking for the ad. Hunter looked over to me and shrugged. I knew what he was thinking and yes, I wanted to say something too, but I also knew that Evanie wouldn't listen to me right now.

But I opened my mouth anyway, just in case she will. "I feel like you should talk to your parents about it, but that's just me—"

"I think I'll be fine." Now that Ev had something on her mind and was determined, it seemed like she had forgotten about our fight. Because she smiled to me and patted her leg, "Thanks for the concern though." Darris shook his head while going over to the kitchen, he was still not into the whole idea, and I understood his point of view. He was beginning to wish she never saw their ads.

I knew he was thinking desperately of a way for her to not go through with the opportunity in front, but then he also knew that if he did say something or give an example then he wouldn't be able to stop talking. He would imagine his sister's eyes and walk down Elmore, thinking about what he could've done to stop anyone. But in reality, Darris wouldn't have been able to do a thing. He would think about Wyatt and I when we were younger, and then the thoughts will all be gone.

Because he hates talking about anything, which made him into a selfish prick and then into the Darris we have right now. So, he taps his leg anxiously as he comes back to sit down on the loveseat, his thoughts filled with words to tell Evanie but to also stuff away and forget until something else traumatic happens.

"Go for it Evanie, just be careful." Of course Wyatt was going to be okay with it, he didn't want her to look unhappy or for her to wish in the future that she had just done the things she loved. He was thinking about the love he had for her more than that though. And I sat there watching because I knew he was gone from the conversation of the fact that something might happen to her. He was gone into the world of just him and Evanie, from middle school wishes of him blowing out his candles on birthdays, so that he would fulfill the wish of marrying her. As Darris and I were on the side confused and wondering whether or not they will end up together, or probably because back then she said she was into Honor Sanders and that the only boy she wanted to kiss was him.

Then Honor dumped her in seventh for a blonde girl from California and that's when Evanie was stuck on the fact that Darris was the one guy who cared. When in reality she was continuing to fetch over guys who really didn't care.

Now she was kind of getting to her own point of independence, while also looking at Wyatt and thinking of him in a sort of imperfect romance. I was watching and then I felt a hand on my leg, turning my head to look at Louis who was watching a movie going on in front of us. Totally disconnected from the conversation, he just decided it was better to look at the movie and make sure I was there before giving his input on the matter. I understood, but I was still trying to figure out his own comfortableness around the whole group.

I walked down Elmore thinking about it, the things that had just happened ten minutes ago except I was in the apartment and now I'm here outside intertwining my hands together in my hoodie pocket because of the cold weather. I walked further into the small crowd of people, making my way further into the city ahead and passing other stores that are absolutely nothing of my interest. I reach Ma'am's, a small bookstore on the corner of the street. The lady inside always knows more information than anyone else. Her ability to listen to well when people go inside is insane and the fact that she sees so much only in a bookstore is why she stays.

She was only in her thirties, lurking in the small streets of Chicago. No one knew that she was even there most of the time, but I did, and she appreciated that. I don't usually go for the books, only if I'm bored out of my mind or wanting to look interesting to someone inside. But other than that, she covers my back most times when I want to stay in there for the night or eat some of the food in the back. She only likes it if you call her "ma'am", she won't reply to you if you don't, and when you do it's like you become her friend.

To me she's Ma'am, and now she was also going to be my accomplice in finding out what company Evanie is looking into.

"(Y/n)!"

"Ma'am." I slightly wave to her, and she smiles, "Evanie is wanting to audition, I'm pretty sure you've heard." I told you she knows everything, and I mean it. I nod my head and she finishes the rest for me, "It's Starlightt Company, two t's at the end but I only like to say it with one." She takes a sip of whatever she was drinking out of the small Twilight mug she swears she will never get rid of for her faithfulness to Jacob Black and whatever the heck she continues to ramble on about. She puts it down and moves the cup in three locations, making all the locations into a triangle, she fails to move on with life without doing her little cup dance.

"Starlight is known for grinding their money crotches against girl's faces, then they'll use them for a "film", and it turns into a sexual photoshoot for the minors coming in." She did the cup dance again as she took another sip, "Tell Evanie about it, she doesn't need to be in that kind of business."

I was surprised that she gave me all the information I needed but in a way that was overly calm. Now what Starlightt is doing is illegal and I'm starting to think that Ma'am doesn't want her name in it, so I just nod my head, "I'll definitely tell her."

"And (Y/n)."

I nod my head and listen as she continues, "Knowing her—" I interrupted her, "More like hearing about her." She laughed at my comment and nodded her head also; she continued. "Evanie will still do it, it's simple. She won't care what you guys say so if you actually want to do something about it then you have to make a move now." She acted like a detective when she would talk, always looking out for others but no one looking out for her because she already knew everything in everyone's lives. "And I also know that her audition is tomorrow, she didn't tell me that, but I heard." She did the cup thing again after taking another sip.

"It seems like you hear a lot."

She nodded and clanked her glass with the pen that was beside it, "It's a gift and a curse, especially when you're married or dating." She was talking about herself; her ex-husband Muhammad was having an affair with her cousin. She found out because of the local aunties at a family gathering but didn't say anything. She was a small woman too, and everyone in her Indian rooted family would make fun of her for it so her insecurities rised as she found out the news about her first love.

I put a dollar in the tip jar and smiled, "Ma'am, don't worry about her—"

"I don't worry about anyone, but I do worry about people who visit me often. She took the dollar out of the jar and smiled, "And the ones who tip me." She got up from her chair and took another drink, making the triangle again. "You be careful now, I heard Jaden and Louis have some tension."

I turned away laughing, "Jaden will probably be my brother by the end of the year."

"That's if they get married."

She knew everything and I wasn't going to ask anymore because I didn't want to know. I didn't want to over exceed my stay, "Thank you Ma'am, I'll come again." She nodded her head, took a sip, made a triangle, and disappeared to the back of the store.

Illıllı