𝟏𝟗

Illıllı

    Flower. F-L-O-W-E-R, a movie that I seemed to not be able to remember because I was more caught up in the fact that Louis was leaning against me. His breathing steady as I was trying my best not to blush as he would look at me and then look away to watch the movie.

    Drowning. D-R-O-W-N-I-N-G, I was practically doing that as I was now sitting in the library. The thoughts of everything that had happened recently was on my mind. I was drowning slowly as Evanie was checking out a book for her 5th period. She was arguing with the librarian who was accusing her that she has five books missing from her freshman year, I'm pretty sure it's true but Evanie wouldn't want to pay back money, so I didn't speak a word. I fiddled with the pen in my hand, a new headache coming on as I was tired of looking at books and notes of my classes so when Evanie tapped my shoulder I was a bit surprised to see what she was looking at.

    Walk. W-A-L-K. He was there beside the rest of the kids we used to despise when we were in junior high, his smile was showing brightly. He was faking it, the reason I knew was because he'd always hated hanging out with the kids of his parent's coworkers. Brats who aren't able to speak for themselves at the doctor's office but depend on waiting for their mom to bring a paper out that says they haven't been sexually active. I highly doubt that-well maybe not. The card only sticks for one person in that group because the rest were exposed in the college fair as pictures of them hooking up with freshman were pasted on the wall by someone of the unknown. Too bad Georgia State wasn't there to see the bare bodies of their candidates for football scholarships, they would've wanted to know who not to choose. I heard that afterward they were tested for AIDS, one came back positive, and their mother was having a fit as she yelled at the lady in the front desk. It was a sight to see especially because I was there trying to figure out why they had called me to the office.

    But today was different because Jax was there with them, his hair was different and even his attitude. He strides down the aisles of books with them as the other guy pulls a plastic baggy out of his pocket, quite stupid if you think about it but I wasn't going to say anything. He was putting himself in this position. But as I sat there and watched as they opened the baggy slowly, I felt my heart race a bit faster than before. Jax had never done coke or anything that was white with that powdery substance, I knew he wasn't doing this because he wanted to.

    My right leg started to shake faster than before and as I saw them line up a strand on the shelf of the bookcase, I stood up. Not sure what I was doing but walking over to them fast, I then paused in my steps and walked slower. I had to make it obvious that I wasn't there because I was spying, so I slowly crept. Making my way closer, I looked at the mystery novels that they stood by, good choice. No one ever reads these, but I guess you can say no one reads at all anymore. I picked one out of the shelf and even though I was there, they continued. One went and then another, and as Jax was getting ready to do it he looked over at me. Realizing who I was and backed away from the shelf. "C'mon man, just do it." Honor Sanders never stood by his name, maybe that's why he was stuck in a library repeating his senior year for the second time. "It's easy, you saw us do it." Then as it couldn't get worse, Jaden Moore spoke up with his perfect jaw, perfect face, perfect beach hair, and the tan skin that I adored in freshman year. He nudged Jax a bit, not even concerned that I may say something. Jax refused and they bugged again.

    No. N-O, a word that if it is said, you listen and back away. So, when Jax had finally stood his ground and said 'no', I knew it would end horribly. "Just do it, you're the one who got it for us." I rolled my eyes, Jax had been back at his cousin's apartment. "Why won't you do it then?" Jaden spoke up and then followed Jax's gaze to me, patting his shoulder he walked over to me and leaned his back against the bookshelf. My body was a bit tense, but on the outside, I was trying to be as comfortable as I could. "(Y/n)."

    I looked at him, he was making his way in front of me. Back still against the shelf, his arm stretched out to touch my shoulder, but I backed away. "What do you want Jaden?"

    "Make Jax do it." He glided his hand from his neck down to his belt, a weird thing to do when you're in a library. Jaden had been the contender for three years of the person who was the worst at sex, but I never knew why. Maybe this was it, he was being sexual in front of my face for no reason. "But he doesn't want to." I put the book back on the shelf, my arm passing his face. I brought it down close to me and he smiled, "It's just unfair how he doesn't want to be the only one to get in trouble. I mean, he got them for us. So, why can't he just take a little?" I shrugged my shoulders, watching for his next move. He slowly grabbed onto the bottom of my shirt and messed with the material, getting higher and higher as he was about to touch my collar bone. And he did, grazing his fingers against my skin lightly. His hand soon grasping onto my neck slowly, nothing tense but it was all uncomfortable. "No thank you." I tried to pull his hand away, but his grip was firm. Not that I was dying, but he was looking straight into my eyes for something else.

    "Whatever, just let him be. He'll be our dealer now." Honor laughed with the other guy as he swiped his hand on the wood to get all the powder off of it. Jaden looked at me before smirking into a small kiss on the cheek, " 'Careful out here." He walked away following behind Honor and the AIDS kid. I was officially embarrassed that that had happened, my cheeks were rushed a red, and I rubbed my neck as I glanced away from Jax.

    He came close to me, "Look, I didn't know he'd do that. He's a flirt like that, you know that." I nodded my head and sucked at my teeth, "Yeah, I see where you got it from." I started to walk away, him following behind me. "(Y/n/n), c'mon." I turned around stopping him in his tracks.

    "I just saved you from doing something stupid, don't put the blame on me." We stood there silent, "And stop calling me that." I saw Evanie looking at me, she was packing up our stuff meaning the period was about to be over. "Bye Jax."

    He waved me off and then turned around as I quickly made my way over to Evanie, dodging the bullets of questions like I was in The Matrix, especially the ones about my neck and Jaden's appearance.

Illıllı