The Declaration

"Karma, wake up." Yuri shook me trying to get me to wake up.

"Mmmm 10 more minutes," I said turning over in bed.

"I need to ask you something,"

"Can't it wait a little longer,"

"No I need to ask now,"

"Yes?" I said sitting up in my bed looking at Yuri annoyed.

"Why did you forgive me last night? Why did you want to be friends with me after all I've done?"

"The answers pretty selfish you know,"

"Just tell me,"

"Alright alright, it was because I didn't want you to not be my friend. Think about it remember when we watched Saiki together? Or the time you dyed my hair? Or our shenanigans on the set of my movie? I haven't had fun like that since I was friends with Kami. I felt like my old life was coming back and I refuse to let it go again."

"Really?"

"Yeah"

"Well I'm glad that you still wanted to have me as a friend," Yuri said smiling, "oh and one more thing,"

"Yeah," I said getting back into bed.

"Volleyball practice starts in 10 minutes," Yuri said leaving my room.

"WHAT WHY DIDNT YOU WAKE ME UP SOONER?" I said as I grabbed my clothes and hopped into the shower.

"Mmmm, 10 more minutes," Yuri said mocking me. After a quick shower, I run to the boys' gym with 5 minutes to spare. To my luck, Tanji wasn't there yet and the boys were practicing I sat on one of the bleachers and tried to catch my breath. I had never ran that fast in my life, I was practically coughing into my sleeve so I wouldn't distract anyone.

"You okay?" A voice I had recognized asked me, I looked up to see my favorite redhead with a worried look on his face.

"Yeah, just ran a little too soon. Yuri woke me up late so I tried to at least get here before Tanji."

"Be sure to pace yourself alright," Tendou said as I nodded, "how did things go with Yuri by the way?

"Oh it was great, we decided to stay friends despite her helping Kami and it turns out her mother and my father had a relationship before he got with my mother. Although her mother died of a broken heart after she was born so she felt anger towards me you know being the product of my father and my mother."

"Wow,"

"Yeah, oh Tanji's coming you better get on the court or you'll be running laps," I said urging Tendou to hurry. Tanji walks in and calls a meeting, he told us that we would be facing off against Kurasano for our next match. I was tasked with watching their previous games and taking notes. Tanji sent the boys on their usual run as I waited outside to record everyone's times when Kaname had approached me.

"What're you waiting ou here for?"

"The team is out for a run and I need to record their times so here I am,"

"So how'd everything go with Yuri?"

"It was alright, we're still friends,"

"After all that? I thought you would have dumped her you know?"

"Why would I dump the only friend I have had in years?"

"Hey, I thought we were friends?" Kaname said pouting

"Friends don't put restraining orders on each other,"

"And I still considered you a friend after that, you should be grateful,"