f o u r

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

f o u r 

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJdlgKzVsnI)

Nova doesn't know how she missed him before.

The figure is large, awkwardly cramped into the booth at the lounge in the very far back, legs long and torso tall. He adorns pieces of a suit, the burgundy blazer draped on the back of his seat and tie loosened, a cigar resting casually before him. A mass of curls sit upon his head, thick and tightly wound with one another, like fluid ink, dark and rich in colour. His skin is brown, warm in colour, with the few tattoos here and there, his fingers covered completely in it.

He doesn't do much in this moment, expression unreadable with a set jaw, using the tips of his fingers to lazily twirl his empty glass around, stained red with the remnants of the wine still left in there.

She doesn't care for any of it right now - it's his eyes.

The iris pooled gold, like champagne settling into his very orbs. They stare back at her in soft flames, hot and demanding though he doesn't move a muscle.

Nova can't move her gaze from them, drawn to them just as she was drawn to the stars and moon that guide her. She's utterly enchanted in this moment, physically unable to pry herself away. Nothing else matters in this moment, the music playing drowning out, the blood dripping down her arm to her palm ignored, the people surrounding her forgotten.

There's no acknowledgement of them, she can't pin her attention on anyone but this man.

She only grows warm, the burn deliciously swimming through her body, blood flushing to her face and violently pumping through her vessels. Her heart is erratic, wildly thumping furiously with a beat so loud it drums through her ears, making her head feel faint. 

It's as if someone's plucked one of her nerves like a violin and now every single nerve cell within her has lit up, incredibly sensitive.

She doesn't know what this sensation is. It's scaring her.

Her lips are parted in slight shock, mocha eyes widened, and features flushed with a pink blush, consciousness trying to pull through. Her eyes begin to brim, she doesn't like it anymore, but the feeling still keeps her hostage.

"Nova," it's a loud, her face finally turning to Kelsey who's climbed to the stage, cupping her face and blue eyes worried.

Nova looked out of it, and she felt as if she was burning up from within. It's a whimper, so quiet only Kelsey hears it, the female curling into her.

Nova's eyes are back to the man, unable to move, ignoring the people surrounding her. Reggie had not come long ago, and whilst Nova's attention is fixated elsewhere, she misses the look he and Kelsey share, a look of recognition, eyes darting between the dark-haired female and the man.

They become uneasy, it suddenly making sense to them.

Nova is scooped up easily by Kelsey, taken away to the back so they could get her arm cleaned up. Reggie clears up behind, offering free drinks to the customers Nova was dancing for and the club sweeps back into its usual motion, incident forgotten by most of them.

The female rests her chin on Kelsey's shoulder, eyes still afar and insides on fire, beginning to feel faint with this searing warmth that was only growing to be more dominant.