t h i r t y - f o u r

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t h i r t y - f o u r 

The wind whistles beyond the cottage walls, carrying a mournful howl as it dances in the tresses of the brittle air, dark in colour. It's a mix of grey and blue, clinging to the musk of the sky, trapping the stars that are desperate to break through and shine. They are barricaded, unable to glow.

The Alpha is currently sunk into the cushioned seat of one of the sofas, bare feet sinking hard into the soft mesh of the white rug, knees spread apart, and head dipped into the palm of his rough hands, fingers curling into his scalp. The room is cold this early morning, the hairs on his leg rising, skin covered in goosebumps as his sleeping shorts rile up to his thighs.

His hair is tousled, curls having fallen into messy waves, sticking up all over the place with constantly having been tugged at. His face is hollow, cheeks and eyes sunken in with not having slept at all the entirety of the night after.

Even now his chest is seized with a harsh constriction, pain that floods his every nerve, bearing the violent spike of his heart as it beats. The wolf within him still refuses to settle, despite all they had done the night prior.

His muscles shake even at the mere thought of it, the anger surfacing once again. He'd been vexed, utter ferocity clouding his judgement to the point of where his own Nova felt his wrath.

The male clenches his jaw, completely torn from the animal that sits proudly within him, his inner wolf finding no regret in what they had done. He had done what he deemed fit in that moment; the wolf just wanted it to be known that he belonged to Nova. That he belonged to his half, and he was never going to give that position to anyone else.

His skin is saturated with her scent, the sweet taste of her mouth still lingering on his tongue.

It's growl of frustration, head tucking further into himself, trying to simmer himself down.

The dark-haired female had fallen asleep in his arms, lulling herself around the tautness of his torso, and he had brought her back to the haven of her home, tucking her into her bed. The wolf within him refused to lose, and though the skin side tried, tried so bad to be the respectful man he attempted to be, he couldn't. It was a lost battle, the wolf in him with riled fur and teeth out.

If it was up to the wolf, they'd be inside of her right now, in a primitive need to show everyone that he belonged to her and her alone.

They made do with a compromise – one the wolf still heavily disliked – with him taking up a position on her couch. Sleep never came, the dark whispers of ugly innate emotions spurring up in them, aggravating the pair of them further.

Another sound of frustration from his throat, lifting his head up, stretching out his shoulders, the black hoodie suddenly feeling suffocating despite the harsh bite of the frost. His eyes are stuck to his fingers, the same fingers that had wrapped around the soft flesh of her throat mercilessly. It's a scowl, the darkest part of him liking it.

He was fucking everything up. He had gone against everything he had promised; and for what? To feel like he belonged to someone? It was selfish. He'd chosen himself.

The wolf within him is the more dominant presence currently, completely tuned into their primitive nature after hearing the absurdity that fell from the Lupus pack the night prior. The male thought it was bold of them, to even think about suggesting that he rejects his gift for another female that means nothing to him. To separate himself from the only thing that he lives for now.