f o u r t e e n

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

f o u r t e e n

"Elaboration?" his eyes are vivid when turning to her. She only shrugs, features a little coy.

"If you're up to it. You don't have to," she quickly murmurs. He chuckles, sound guttural, a hand raking through his hair.

He pulls her closer to him when they pass by a group of people, fearful she'd bump into them. She doesn't return to her side after.

"I fear my pride would take a huge hit if I do tell you," his tone is lazy, but his expression is sincere. 

She bites on her lip, looking ahead of them and checking they were going the right way. Once it was confirmed they were, she turns to him.

"I wouldn't judge, but if you aren't comfortable we can talk about something else," she offers him again. He turns to her with a blush she doesn't notice. He clears his throat.

"That night during the restaurant, I mentioned I hadn't been on a date either," he begins. Her eyes widen slightly.

"I thought that was just a line," and he chuckles, causing her to giggle too. He shakes his head.

"It was the truth. You're the first woman I've ever taken out on a date," her cheeks paint red, feeling incredibly stifled all of a sudden. Her eyes roll.

"Okay, what about fuck buddies?" she's blunt, going straight for the kill. He has to pause, not wanting to admit he liked how the word fell from her lips.

"I don't have casual sex either," is all he says. She puts two and two together, before furrowing her brows at him.

It seemed too good to be true, and the more she stared at how beautiful he was under the stars, it seemed impossible for no one to not ever have had him before. But the tone of his words and his expression is wholly genuine – she cannot detect a lie or any manipulation, and she was good at seeing through those after all these years.

Her blush hardens.

She didn't deserve being the first.

"And you? Not that you have to say," he murmurs, gaze curious. Nova sighs with a shrug.

"I thought it was blatantly clear that I am very inexperienced in normal socialising, let alone dating," and he chuckles with that.

"I've never been on one either, as I said. The boys were never really interested in me during my teenage years-," and he mentally disagrees, knowing that they probably were and she just wasn't looking through the proper lens to see it well enough.

"And during my adolescent years, the appeal wasn't there. And, I have a lot going on with myself right now anyway," it's a murmur, thinking about her mental health, the therapy, the pills, her home situation.

"I feel like I need to get onto my feet first. So that, paired with my introverted ways is why I've never been with anyone. Both ways," and he nods.

"Why did you agree to go out with me then?" he asks, having her stop in her train of thoughts. Her eyes flicker up to him.

"Why am I the first you've asked?" it's a cunning grin, and he rolls his eyes, stealing her behaviour. She sighs, taking a moment to herself.

"Honestly, I hope this doesn't put you off, but I just feel really attracted to you. Like, ever since that night in the club. It's not just physical attraction it's-," she sighs, at a loss of words, staring into the open space and ignoring his hidden smile.