f i v e

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

f i v e 

A groan falls from Nova's mouth, her arms coming up over her head to stretch, flexing out her spine as much as she could. She felt sore, and tired, and there was nothing more she wanted than to fall asleep in her bed.

Their shift had finished long ago, staying an hour extra to shower, get changed, help clean up, count up whatever money they made and give the club their respectful cut.

Nova had a terrible night, but on a whim somehow still made a decent amount of around 1300. Considering her spirits were very low after her little incident, she expected much worse.

The rest of her night didn't go too bad - Reggie's friends had all left, so it was just a regular old shift then, and whatever happened didn't cross her mind again.

Currently she was out in the dark, waiting for Kelsey to put her duffel bag in the trunk and unlock the car. Nova didn't drive - nor could she afford a car - so Kelsey offered to drop her home most nights. It had become routine now. The two of them are accompanied by a bouncer that Reggie sent with them, who would only leave till they were safely in their vehicle.

The car finally unlocks, and they wave the bouncer off, the engine turning on. Kelsey's shuffling around in her seat, putting a few things into her glove box, and stowing her cash into her wallet.

Nova's eyes have found the stars and moon again, the warmth lulling within her picking up ever so slightly.

The darkness of the sky was beginning to fade, and her mouth curves in displeasure.

She wouldn't get much sleep for her meeting in the morning.

Aside from working the pole, Nova had completed a five-year degree in architecture, before realising she wasn't actually that interested in the mechanical aspect of buildings, so instead twisted the qualification with her love for arts (she loved drawing in high school) and headed into interior design.

She tried to do a bit of both, but her main aim was interior design at the moment, and with the help of Kelsey and a few of her university contacts, she had set up her own little business. It was very, very new – about only two months old, but it was doing alright. She had few advertisements up and manged to get a project with a couple who recently moved into a newly built apartment complex.

They loved the work she did, so after posting that and her own ideas, she had a few more requests that she yet had to schedule. The biggest surprise though was when she got an email from Mr Adolfo's secretary, asking if it would be possible for her to work on their extension.

The Adolfo family was a large family that resided in this region which had a hand in almost every major business chain here, including having invested into Reggie's clubs. They owned a percentage of almost everything, including a huge portion of the real estate with building new houses and roads – they practically owned the land here. They were filthy rich and incredibly powerful – Mr Adolfo himself was said to be a politician.

Everyone knew who they were - their pictures were plastered on every newspaper and magazine. It was an amazing opportunity to be given.

The nerves in her stomach begin to flutter, anxiousness beginning to fill her head at the mere thought of it, but she shakes it away. She had already prepped ideas and sketches, and tomorrow was just a viewing with a casual conversation. It should be fine.