n i n e

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

n i n e

The blonde snickers quietly, Nova's eyes narrowing and mouth pursing at her reaction.

They were currently in Kelsey's car, the two of them deciding to go out for breakfast. Nova had surprisingly agreed, but the house was still empty and whilst a small flicker of worry for her pa began to stir within her, she swallows it down.

The morning was warm, the sun billowing beautifully down before them, smothering them in her rays of light and protection.

Nova curls into her seat a little further, fingers clutching the fabric of her clothes. Kelsey tries to lean in and kiss an apology to her cheek, but she swats the blonde away, leaning as far away as possible.

"Don't be like that baby. I'm sorry I laughed," Kelsey sounds anything but sorry, eyes checking her side mirrors before turning onto the main road. Nova sighs.

"Yeah, well here I am telling you that I'm really nervous about this, and you're out here making fun of me. Some support would be appreciated," Nova's voice is quiet, trying to stifle her laugh when the blonde erupts into snickers once again.

"I'm not making fun of you. I'm just saying, it's oddly suspicious how you've suddenly launched a meeting with Mr Martelli, especially since you've been so interested in him," Nova rolls her eyes.

"Interested? I saw him twice for a few minutes, there's no interest," she murmurs, folding her arms over the thin hoodie she wore.

"Oh really? So, why'd you take the offer up? I know you don't need the cash, and you've already got a pretty big project with the Adolfo's taking up your time. Why are you putting so much on your plate?" Kelsey asks, tone teasing, and gaze pointed. Nova scowls at her.

"Go away," the dark-haired female snaps and Kelsey laughs.

"I'm sorry baby, I'll be more supportive. Don't be nervous – he's the one who reached out to you. He instigated this because he wants to meet with you. I don't know his intentions; he could be absolutely intrigued by you – you were seen in a strip club and then the Adolfo home, a pretty weird contrast. Or he could genuinely just need a designer. Either way, you agreed," Kelsey begins, Nova listening quietly.

"I'm very proud of you for agreeing – because I know you're probably feeling a little intimidated, and that's natural. I mean, have you seen the guy?" Kelsey whistles, causing Nova to giggle quietly.

"But nothing bad will happen. You're in a café, going for a coffee together, and talking about some room designs. Nothing more, nothing less. The worst thing that could happen is either you trip and fall, or you push and not pull the door. If you think about it, it's not that bad, just a little embarrassing," the two of them laughing together.

Nova was extremely clumsy when she was nervous.

"It's going to be just fine. And you told me earlier, there's something about him that makes you warm? That's called sexual attraction love. Use it," Nova's face falls into her hands, Kelsey teasing her once again, knowing well that it was something in fact more.

Not that Nova would know.

"Be confident. You're Nova Blaire. You own a business, that now has two powerful entities interested in it. You fucking work the pole like a goddess. You're the baddest bitch right now, I promise," Kelsey murmurs, and Nova sighs.