t h i r t y - t w o

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t h i r t y - t w o

"Rocco please, we're in public," Nova's voice is small, female hunching low in her seat to avoid all the lingering eyes in the fast-food restaurant they were at.

It hadn't even hit noon, and this was Rocco's third meal. He had just scarfed down the two burgers he'd ordered, slumping back in his chair with his arms stretched out in satisfaction. He ate too quick, leading to an unpalatable burp coming from his mouth, loud and clear with no shame. Nova's nose wrinkles at him.

"I don't give a fuck. That was some good shit," Nova just stares at him mutely, swirling the straw of the drink she had gotten. She didn't know how someone with such a lean build could hold so much without getting bloated.

"I see you clocking my metabolism. Don't be hating on me like that. Mans gotta eat," wiping his hands down with some wipes they'd offered, and then over the lower half of his face before getting up.

The dark-haired female follows, picking up the tray he had left behind, his manners poor, and dumping the contents into the bin, before placing the tray with the rest of them.

The pair had been wandering through the main town for a little while, and Nova already adored it. It reminded her of her old home the most, from the small boutique stores crowded together, the endless restaurants, cafes and food chains, and even the entertainment from the strip clubs and arcades. It was the same atmosphere, apart from the fact that the roofs were weighted with snow, as were the roads, with layers of ice frosting the windows. And it was much cleaner than her old town.

The pavements and roads were continually being salted and shovelled out.

Her eyes linger at the front of one of the clubs, a sigh from her when remembering Reggie's. Her old profession wasn't the best, but it was something that helped her through hard times, and it was what in the end led her to the blonde. The twelve girls she did a shift with every other night was as close to a family she ever had, especially their house mom, Marcie.

She thinks about it, an ache settling in her heart.

Rocco had explained that a lot of these were small businesses that had been started up by wolves themselves, and apart from the food, big brands were avoided to encourage wolves to support one another. 

Every single aspect of how this society was set up constantly fed into the concept of unity. That was the utter belief the Martelli pack held. A closer pack was a stronger pack.

It's why respect towards each wolf and rightful justice, despite the hierarchy, was also something highly regarded. The judiciary system established in this pack was fierce.

Nova holds onto Rocco as they walk, taking up the elbow he offered after sliding her gloves on. The dark-haired female was already pretty clumsy, and with the threat of black ice prevalent on the path, she wasn't taking any risks.

And as unbelievable as it was to her, she felt really warm around Rocco. Maybe it was because of what the bond they shared – as potential luna and gamma. Regardless, she had taken quick liking to him. He just had one of those personalities.

The streets they walk on grow more packed as the day bleeds into afternoon. Not many children were around, due to it being a weekday, so many were enrolled into their schooling system. Rocco explained that although a lot of wolves integrated themselves into pack roles, some of them just wanted to live their lives out for themselves. It just depended on their vision and their desire.