t w e n t y - t w o

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t w e n t y - t w o

The dressing room was active this particular night, all the dancers deployed for this shift already energetic, music playing through their speakers. The air smelt fruity, filled with tinges of different perfumes and sprays being used, and the humidity was strong, not only from the warm summer night but the fact that everyone was dancing on each other, hips grinding and hands groping.

The alcohol had come out very early tonight, before most of these girls had even gotten ready.

Nova can hear the commotion from all the way back, safely tucked away in the private changing room, the door closed properly.

"You need any help?" it's the blonde asking from outside with a gentle knock. Nova murmurs a response, waving her away. She could do it herself; her pa hadn't laid any marks on her these days. In fact, she rarely saw him.

The only thing left to cover up on her body was the scar on her stomach, suturing low. It had healed completely, but still left an ugly reminder of that dreadful night. Her eyes peek at it through the mirror, angling her head to try and get a better look. It's an intentional carving, but she shakes herself out of it when she thinks she sees letters. It's absurd.

A sigh comes from her, pumping out the heavy-duty makeup over it and blending it out with her sponge. Some areas of it were more textured than others, but with the lilac lights of the club, she doubted anyone would see.

It had been a few days since her last shift – the night when Romaeus had returned and the chaotic events following closely after. She hadn't seen him after sharing breakfast and had admitted to herself she was quietly avoiding him.

He knew what had happened – he must've put it all together. A feeling of revolt washes upon her. She didn't know why he stayed that night, or why she even kissed him. It was confusing and she didn't want to also have to overthink it. She was confused to how easily he let her touch him, especially knowing she was now a whore, used through and through by four different men. Bile rises just thinking about it.

There wasn't anything for him to be interested in.

She takes a few deep breaths, shifting her attention elsewhere. She had booked herself a shift today, a proper shift, not just as a bartender. Her aim was normality, and that was on the pole, not behind the bar.

Nova takes another glance at herself in the mirror, adjusting the peachy coloured set she adorned. She's satisfied with the fit, liking how it made her shoulders look slender and legs long. She's opted for white converses.

She heads out of the changing room and into the main dressing area, taking a seat to finish up, taking no notice of all the other girls partying away. She didn't mind the racket – she was easily lost in this mess. Her hair is dealt with, the waves straightened and sleek before being pulled into a low ponytail. Her face is done next, finally using a body brush to add some shimmer around her collarbone.

"Are you okay?" Kelsey's tone is soft, the back of her finger running over her cheek. Nova smiles, giving the female a nod and then leaning down to kiss her cheek.

"Stop fussing. I chose to be here," it's a smile that doesn't brighten her eyes. The blonde just sighs, knowing Nova's mind would set.

"If anything happens, I'm right there, okay? Don't feel pressured into doing something you aren't ready for," Kelsey reminds. Nova nods, aware of this. But she just wanted to see if she could go back to how it was.