t e n

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t e n

"I have to go," a quiet laugh falls from the dark-haired female's lips, currently crouched at the foot of the door, fingers gently running over the grey tabby's head, curving behind his ear.

He had spotted her as she was preparing to head out, and immediately padded over in demand of some affection, rubbing the sides of his face all over the skin of her bare leg. Another laugh falls from her when he begins grooming her, small little licks to declare his affection. She coos, before standing, holding her ground.

She had to get going before she'd be late. It was a forty-minute walk to the restaurant she had been emailed details about earlier in the day.

She could have gotten a cab, but she didn't trust letting herself be in a car with a stranger, especially not one from around her ends. The offer to pick her up had also been stated in the email, but she refused profusely.

There was no way she'd let him or anyone else come this close to her house. Nova admits she was wholly embarrassed of her living situation – even Kelsey, the blonde she had been close friends with for almost a year, had only recently been allowed to come over.

Nova gives the small cat a salute, before hopping onto the path. The tabby settles in on the doormat, waiting for her return with a raspy mewl.

The walk ahead isn't that adventurous, the female having to use her phone to navigate – the location of their restaurant was a part of town she wasn't too familiar with. If she wasn't such a homebody, perhaps she'd be more knowledgeable about her area.

The dusk above her begins to settle, forming a temporary alliance with the dark of the night. The stars that loom beyond her are brighter than normal, mystical and ethereal in their stance. The moon mothers over them gallantly, her hue leashing pure white.

Nova had been anxious all day, a swarm of different emotions captivating her from time to time. Her day hadn't been eventful – she slept through most of it after the long shift she had last night. She wasn't necessarily complaining – her pockets were a grand heavier when leaving. When she eventually awoke, she proceeded to freak out once checking her phone, remembering her interaction with Romaeus the night prior.

Before overwhelming herself to the point of passing out, she managed to call her blonde, who immediately came to her aid.

Kelsey was incredibly talented with handling Nova's anxiety, and her nerves had been shoved down whilst they were together, prepping an outfit for her to wear. They both eventually settled on a dress Kelsey had bought from her own collection, a blood red bordering over to a deep burgundy, the material light for the summer night, and backless with short sleeves.

They had to make some adjustments; Nova was taller, so the dress was a little shorter, with the material stretching out to the maximum at her hips and needing sneakily hidden pins to hold up at the bust – which was nothing in comparison to the blonde's.

She made it work though, the dress fitting her silhouette beautifully and colour complimenting her deeply tanned skin.

Nova makes it to the restaurant in once piece, texting her blonde of her safe arrival, lingering around awkwardly a few metres away, arms folded over one another, the other holding the purse she borrowed close to her.