NO. 22

"What do you mean by that? You think, that I pushed myself to freezing river? Why would I do that?"
"Cia let's end this comedy. We both know that you're lying," El said looking all tired.
"Look El, I have no idea why you're acting like that, but I'm not a traitor." Cia said, crossing hands on her chest, frowning. Eleonor watched her and sighted in the end.

"Take out your phone," Cia just listened to her. "Good. Now start recording." Phone started recording, while Cia was standing there, trying to understand what was happening.

"I'm doing this so you could trust me," she explained. "When I was younger, my father made a big debt. No one in our family knew about it, we had no idea. Obviously he liked to gamble. For four years he was keeping in a secret successfully and he'd probably keep it going until he would pay it.
But three years ago, he got into a car accident. It was bad and he lost his fight after twelve hours in operating room. We were completely destroyed... My mother wasn't suddenly able to function properly, she started drinking. She was still going to work though. Me and my sister could go to school.
Soon after that, these people found me. Turned out, dad didn't tell anyone about us. They said they want their money back and that they will talk about that with my mother. But I knew, she won't make it psychically, so I told them I will pay the debt.
They agreed.

That's how I got here. I hate doing this, but they are completely capable to find and hurt my family and I can't let that happen. So if there's someone who will go against them, destroy them, I won't tell anyone. And I will help as much as I can." Cia was staring at Eleonor and her mobile, which recorded everything. What the actual fuck just happened?

"You recorded everything?" Still shocked Cia couldn't do anything else but nodding. "Good, you can turn it off now." Cia was just following her orders. "So now, if I betrayed you, you can go and show this to them." Cia was slowly recovering from shock she just suffered and Eleonor gave her time for that.

"Ready to talk now?" Cia just nodded.
"You are working undercover, right?"
"Yes."
"I guess police is on it too."
"Not really. I believe that there is a spy on police. There is one officer I trust to. I generally report everything to him and he decides, what to stop and let go."
"OK, makes sense. So how was it with the ship? Did you know where it's going?"
"No. This was a bit harder. I didn't even know location till we headed there. The moment I got to car, I sent him where it is. It was clear that I won't get to know where it's sailing to, so I came up with a different idea."

"What was it then?"
"Drones. He arrived sooner than we did and then followed the ship with drone."
"That's quite clever. So you have a plan to destroy them?" Cia just watched her. Even though she already trusted her, she couldn't let her guard down around her. Telling her her plan would be risky. But on the other side, she would use help quite well.

Eleonor noticed how she was hesitating. "Here," she handed Cia mobile phone, "I'm not recording you."
"You know, there are other ways to record me."
"Wanna search me?" Cia shaked her head. "Then why don't you trust me?"

"It's not that I don't trust you. I actually believe everything you told me, since I already knew. But try to understand, telling you my whole plan is way too risky. I believe you wouldn't say anything, but what if they blackmailed you with your family? I just can't risk it El. Sorry."

El was quite. She understood it. She knew, Cia won't tell her a much, but she wanted to help. She desperately wanted to be free. "OK. I guess I understand you. But, let me help. You don't have to tell me your plan, or something about you, but I want to help." Cia was watching her for a while and nodded in the end.

"Since you're helping me, you should at least know who I'm going after. So here it is. The Drugboss is first target. It won't be that hard to take him down, I only need proof and I could get that even without working with you. It's about the second target. Someone above him. Someone with power to stop police. It's someone powerful as fuck. That's why I'm still doing this."