NO. 31

Cia went to school, even though everyone was telling her not to. But she needed to do something. It was better than staying in bed, thinking about those horrible things, which probably happened to El.

Instead of lunch, she went to meet Kim and Mr. Browns. They met secretly, so no one could see them together. She told them about her suspicion and about her plans. They both agreed to it.

After school, twins and Niles were waiting for her, offering to take her home. But Cia still had a lot of things to do, so she refused. She went stright to El's family.

"Who are you?" Eleanor's sister Nikita came out with a puffy eyes and red cheeks. They looked so much alike. So much. Cia suppressed tears and gave her a sad smile.

"I'm El's friend. May I come in?" Her sister thought for a while, but opened the door in the end. The house was small, in the living room was older woman laying on sofa. Everything around was broken. Pictures, vases even glasses and plates. Cia knew right away that she came late.

"What do you need?" Asked Nikita. She was looking unfriendly.
"I'm here, to give you part of the money for your debt. El was paying it, but since she can't anymore, they will come for you."
"They already did." Cia nodded, she knew already.

"Here," she said putting a huge bag with money on the table. She got paid for those two missions she took the main part in and she used all of those money for her friend's family. Yet it was only a bit over the half of their debt. But something better than nothing, right?

"You- Why would you help us?"
"Because El was my friend. She loved you."
"So you're giving us this huge amount of money. It just doesn't seem right."
"Just take the money. I promise I won't come back for it, I'm doing it for my friend." Cia smiled and nodded. Nikita did not want to accept it, but she agreed in the end. They knew, she will need to make the rest with her mum, but what Cia gave them was enough for a time being. They were so grateful.

Cia sat on a couch. Just a few days ago, El was sitting next to her, facing this scary man together with Cia. But now she was alone. And she knew she will not let anyone enter her business. Never again.

"Grecia," he entered the room, calling her right away. "I didn't expect to see you here, since the incident with Eleonor. How can I help you?"
"I thought about it," Cia started, feeling slightly nervous to ask. "You see, I helped you quite a lot last time right?"

"You want a better position," he said without even blinking. He wasn't surprised at all. More like he expected that. Cia nodded. "I thought you'll come sooner or later. But it's fine, I would have give it to you anyway." Cia raised one eyebrow.

"I'd like you to be the main informator at school. You see, I don't trust the headmaster there, so you'll inform me about everything." Cia nodded, to be honest, she expected something like that. But it was not bad either, she will probably be able to meet with the Boss more often then before.

Cia stood up, she was ready to leave, but someone called her before she was able to. "Grecia." She turned to the Boss, who was already going through some documents. "There is one thing you should probably know before leaving." He looked up and met Cia's stare. "Neither I neither my men killed your friend. After all she owed me money."

"I know you didn't kill her," she smiled and left.

To be honest, she thought about that many times. Could it be, that they figured out, she's working against them and ended up killing Eleonor, thinking that she's in it too? But that was a big nonsense. They knew who she is, they knew where's her school, family and home. She'd be dead already if they knew. So it couldn't be them.