6

Chapter 6- Happy reading!:)

As we get out of his car, I frown at the fact my parents aren't home. He had been able to park his car up on the drive as there was an absence of their car.

That's not good. They were gonna be a buffer. We couldn't argue if my parents were around.

"Where are they?" Nathan asks, probably thinking the same as I.

"I'm not sure." I say. "Date maybe? It is Saturday."

"Thought they went out in the evening?"

"Mm." I hum. "I dunno."

He follows me in and not much is said between us as we pass my bedroom and go to the kitchen.

I yawn, rubbing my eyes and deciding to make some tea. I have been drinking the herbal teas that mum and Aunty Nove likes. They've actually been surprisingly pleasant.

"You want mint tea?" I ask.

"No." Nathan says, sitting down at the breakfast island. "You didn't stay here last night, did you?"

Ah. He hasn't said anything in the car so I thought I had gotten away with it. I guess not.

"No, I met someone and-"

"Like a guy?" He asks quietly.

I nod a little. "But not like how you think."

"So you didn't do anything?"

"No."

"Ok."

I look round, to him. "But if I had, that wouldn't make me an asshole."

He nods. "No. I know."

I smile a little at that, cocking my head and looking at him. "Nath, you need to lean on someone else right now."

He frowns.

"I mean, I just, I want to be strong and end this. But I know you're not okay so that makes me want to be there for you but it's not my job."

"It's not anyone's job Lottie. I am fine."

"You don't seem fine. You were a mess last night."

"I told you I missed you, that's not that messy."

"It is when we are broken up."

He looks at me. "We slept together three times this week, forgive me for not feeling that broken up with."

I just frown because I don't want this to get angry.

I turn around to pour my tea and I hear him get up from his stool. "So we are done yeah?" He says.

"Yeah."

"As in properly or?"

I sigh and turn around, my eyes widening when he's close. "Nathan I do love you. You know I do. But well you-"

"I fucked up, yeah."

"And so I fell out of love with you Nath. That's not my fault."

"But we could work things out."

"You slept with someone else." I say. "Behind my back." I add because otherwise, he'll just throw it back in my face. "You also outed me, which is a big deal."

"I know I fucked up, like I get it."

I just cross my arms over my chest tiredly. "I'm tired."

"Me too." He says quietly and comes a little closer.