55

Hi! Happy reading. Remember to vt and comment. 

Lottie's POV. 

I am sick.

And I hate him.

It's Wednesday and I am standing by Scarlett's locker waiting for her to give me notes and today is the first day Rowan has been back at school.

He looks fine.

Or well he looks good actually.

I feel so ill that I didn't even think about the fact is it was Scarlett that I was asking for notes, or the fact she took one look at me and just nodded.

Which means I must look ill.

I glare across the hall to him.

He hasn't noticed me yet; he's just organising books.

Which is cute, but my mood also means him being cute should be punishable by death.

He turns, I think finally feeling my look.

"Do you want medication?" Scarlett says softly and I shake my head a little, my eyes narrowed at Rowan.

I thought I escaped this. I had been fine Monday and Tuesday.

I have a snotty nose and he's the one who gave it to me. I glare. He stares back, wide eyed.

He cocks his head in question and I lift my hand and flick him off.

Rowan immediately becomes amused; his eyes soften as he looks at me.

"Where is Blaise, Lottie?" Scarlett asks quietly.

I side glance her but return my eyes to Rowan as I shrug.

"I wouldn't know."

"He hasn't been answering any of my messages, he's not been at school, if you know I am not even mad anymore, I am just worried."

I look at her.

Okay so when I am ill, I am irritable.

She's just been nice to me, I know this.

But I can't help it.

"Scarlett, you dropped him off at hospital because he was so fucked up that he couldn't walk or speak, think about the possible outcomes of that decision and figure out where he is."

She takes a slight step back from our friendly proximity.

"Don't speak to me like I am stupid."

"Don't be stupid then."

"Bitch." Scar mutters and walks away from me, and I just fall back against the lockers in exhaustion.

Okay, that was mean.

She has been so horrible though. Yes, but she's just been nice to you.

I swallow and my throat hurts and my head hurts and I lift my eyes to Rowan and he's just leant back against his own locker watching me.

I pout.

He lifts his hand and beckons me to come to him and I look around, it was lunch, like the start of lunch, everyone was around.

I raised an eyebrow.

He looked at me a little more sternly, telling me to walk to him with his eyes. So I don't hesitate anymore, because well it is him who wants space at school, not me. I walk over to him and he lifts his arm, welcoming me in and oh man the relief I feel as soon as he hugs me is embarrassing.