70

Remember I updated 69 a few days ago

you should be proud of how long this is:) happy reading loves. please vote and comment so i know you love me

70

Lottie's POV.

"You look hot."

"River, you're not coming with me."

"I mean, I sort of am." He says, skipping to catch up with me on the sidewalk.

It was the night after and I was in need of going to this party and blowing off some of this steam.

River was embarrassing himself currently because he had been waiting outside for me, ready to join me at this party that he was not invited to.

"You told me you weren't allowed to drink."

He expels an annoyed breath. "I stole alcohol from the last people we were at, that's all. That's all the drama. Are you telling me you've never stolen alcohol from your parents before?"

"We don't really have alcohol in the house so no."

"Lottie you're killing me here."

I just keep walking down the road, I was walking to the party tonight. It was literally just round the corner.

River whistles awkwardly next to me, swinging his arms.

I ignore him.

If I ignore him enough, he might get bored and go home.

Honestly, I don't even mind the idea of River coming to the party. It's just that I do not want Nova and Cole to get angry with me.

"Guess what?" River says cheerfully.

"What?"

"November talked to me yesterday about getting a phone."

I glanced at him. "That's good."

"Mm."

"Are you going to accept?"

"Well... er.. they said that they've talked to the social and that we could possibly stay with them until I graduate and like can take Audrie by myself."

I smile despite myself. "That's exciting."

"You think?"

"I mean they're good people and we like having you both around."

He doesn't say anything for a moment or two. "Are they actually good people?"

"Yes." I say. "I promise. I grew up with these people."

River just hums, unsure. "Well anyway, if we stay with them Nova said I could help out at the gallery and then earn a wage and then get a phone."

"Yes." I say excited. "That sounds so good."

"Hm." He says. "So am I just escorting you along this walk to the party this fine evening or am I actually allowed to come in?"

I huff. "I can't really tell you to fuck off, can I?"

He stops walking and I groan, turning around to face him.

"I mean you literally can." River says. "If you don't want me to come, I'll just walk you there. I am not that desperate."

"No you can come. I am just being difficult."

He grins and starts walking again, a little jump in his step now.

"But-" I say. "If you get in trouble for partying, don't you dare blame me."

"I mean I sort of have to blame you." River says. "Makes more sense in a self-preservation way. Your parents aren't going to kick you out for going to a party, but Nova and Cole might kick me out... So since I am deciding that staying there is a good thing, I one hundred percent will throw you under the bus if I need to."