19

Chapter 19.

"What do you mean you slapped him Emersyn?" November says in pure disapproval and i pull out of August's arms properly and turn around to hug Emersyn.

"I deserved it. And it was once." He says back to Nove. Emersyn gives me a half amused, half sheepish look and I hug her hello.

"We didn't hear you come in." Mum says to me.

They were all stood around the kitchen, each with a mug of tea or coffee or something, having a full on mother's meeting.

"I climbed in my window to avoid you all and then I heard Emmy so got too excited to stay in my room."

Emersyn laughs and hugs me tighter and then as we detangle, I just stand there looking at them all.

Rayne looked tired, he doesn't live here anymore, he moved to another city. So he must have driven through the night to get here. August and Emersyn look the same.

"How are you here?" I ask.

"We got the first flight out." August says. "Obviously."

I look at mum. "Why?"

"Because they're your family dots, that's what we do when someone needs us."

"Plus August missed home." Emersyn whispers obnoxiously loudly.

He tosses her a small glare and she rolls her eyes. "So did I, Leo stop your eyes."

He looks away and I smile a little at her but then look at them all... I don't know what to say.

This is unnecessary.

But they just continue with what they were saying before.

"We don't use violence Emersyn." Nova scolds and Cole rolls his eyes, leaning against the side next to her.

"Love, even I've hit August-"

"And me." Jackson says.

"And me." Rayne says and my eyes widen.

August scoffs. "I've hit you all back." Then his eyes widen. "Apart from Em, obviously."

"Alright, enough." Ivy says. "This isn't the matter at hand."

"You can still control how much contact the boy has with Lottie at school, right?" My dad says. 

The boy. He came to family bbqs, like they know him. They liked him.

I cross my arms over myself and step back, away, but listening.

"Yeah, that's fine. I can do that but he's not going to have any other formal consequences for hitting her." My mum says and she looks at my dad. "And he-"

"I know." My dad nods, walking to her and I watch uncomfortably as he stands close to give her comfort.

"Then take out a claim, if you're not going to the police. We can deal with it at the firm." Cole says. "Or well Avery and I can, Jackson you're probably not allowed to be involved-"

"I am not pressing charges against him." I say. "Stop."

They all look at me and Emersyn slowly moves towards me to comfort me.

I step away, needing the space.

"This is ridiculous. Who do you guys think you are? I don't want this."

My mum sighs, and my dad just searches my face.

Cole shakes his head. "You're seventeen Lottie, your parents can still-"