50

hiii! remember to vt and comment lol. this chap is long its gonna take u a while

50 Lottie's pov

"I am fucking shitting it." Sunny says somewhere in between crying and hyperventilating. He looks around the gallery, shakes his head. "No this is so weird, who does a gallery opening for pots, like-"

"Shut up they're sculptures, they're cool, stop this." I say.

He looks at me. "But what if everyone thinks they're crap? Or stupid?"

"They won't." I whisper to him.

We were stood in the back room, just Sutton and I. Everything was laid out beautifully. It was so cool; the way November had set everything out. She had made Colton install shelves everywhere basically and had units around the main display room to put all of Sutton's ceramics on.

It was cool and he was honestly so talented and to be fair, seeing how Nova had organised everything it reminded me of how talented she was too.

Nobody was here yet, the doors open at two and it was supposed to be more like a slow flood of people throughout the day. People who were November's usual customers and regular art contacts were going to be coming in throughout the day to see Sutton's work and she had advertised to like our town that there was a new show and a new artist being displayed today from two till six.

At six Sutton's family and friends were coming to see his work, we were going to have coffee and cake and I think November has sorted out some caterers to do a little sweet treat, that type of thing, and we were all going to admire Sutton and sort of just celebrate this achievement of his.

Sutton's family were obviously coming. Well, we think. They said they would. Fran is coming. So Sutton and Fran invited Monica and Alex, and well obviously Rowan said he'd come and see everything.

My mum and dad were coming too, they always try and support November whenever she throws an event at the gallery. Plus they like Sutton and when I told them about it they were more than thrilled that he had actually gotten November interested in him.

Apparently, she can be a little ruthless with new artists. Telling them to work for it.

But well I have seen how hard Sutton has worked this week to get everything done so I think he's definitely worked for it.

We were all set up, November was boiling water for coffee and Sutton was staring at the slight imperfections in his work with distaste.

It was Saturday. I was supposed to stay at Rowan's last night but Sutton well he was slightly a mess so we went to his instead and then I ended up just staying there, chilling with him and his nerves. Rowan left at like midnight because he looked exhausted and although it was slightly sad we didn't spend much time together, it was ok.

We'd survive.

Plus, we will be seeing each other today.

Anyway, so I stayed at Suttons and he dragged me along with him today.

When I say dragged, I offered to come and support.

He was so nervous it's honestly cute.

"Everything will be fine." I promise him.

He looks at me distressed.

I laugh at him, I can't help it.

"I have a nervous belly." He whispers to me. "What is I just shit myself-"

"Sutton." I laugh loudly. I whisper. "Go to the toilet-"

"No shut up, I am fine."

I laugh again, shaking my head and looking at him sympathetically.