Dinah/You: Meeting The Family

"Love you guys! See you all in a week!" Dinah and you were currently taking a trip to her home town so you could meet her not so little family. To say you were nervous would be an understatement. You and Dinah loaded up your bags quickly into the back of the limo while the girls' driver, Steven, sat inside waiting patiently for both of you to climb into the back. You both arrived at the airport 20 minutes before your flight to Cali. You clung to Dinah's arm while she dragged the suitcases behind her. By the time you guys got checked in, the flight began to board, making you panic and rush off to the entrance of the plane. You quickly sat down, Dinah plopping down seconds later, panting. "next time," she huffed before continuing, "We're leaving like an hour before our flight to ensure we get here. Jesus Christ, I'm out of breath!" She held her hand against her chest, her breathing still ragged as she sunk back into the seat before closing her eyes and inhaling a large breath of air. You smiled at her actions, pulling out a small throw you decided to bring just incase you got cold. You snuggled into Dinah's side covering your bodies with the blanket and falling asleep. An hour later, the humming coming from above you awoke you from your sleep. You perked up a bit, removing your head from Dinah's chest, while you stared at her intently. "Oh hey babe. Did my humming wake you?" You shook your head no leaning forward to kiss her lips lightly. When the kiss ended, she began to speak once again. "We'll be there soon, so just so you know my family is.. Loud. They're also very touchy, and little Gina loves to cuddle up to people. Just tell me if they make you uncomfortable and I'll give 'em a poly beat down. 'Kay babe?" She finished off and you couldn't help but giggle a bit. "I'll be just fine. There's absolutely nothing to worry about. Plus, I've met little Gina before, remember? To her I'm and I quote "her favoritest girl ever" , so don't worry about me. I'll be fine with the children. Your parents? I'm not so sure about." You joked, lightly giggling as she nuzzled her nose into your neck, making your skin tingle. "My parents will love you just as much as I do. You make me happy so they'll love that about you. Trust me." She whispered the last bit, before placing a kiss on your neck then on your jaw, finally ending on your lips. "I love you, Y/N." You smiled before mumbling an 'I love you too' back getting comfy against her chest for the rest of the flight.
••••••••••••••••••••••••
Arriving at the Hansen residence really messed with your nerves. You gripped Dinah's hand tightly while Gordon helped her unload the taxi. Once you arrived inside, you were bombarded with hugs and little kids grabbing at your jeans, asking for your attention. You bent down on one knee, getting eye to eye with most of them and hugging them all tightly one by one. Little Gina was last to be hugged, but instead of letting go, she clung to your neck indicating she wanted to be carried. "Hey Gina. Did you miss me?" You cooed in her ear, feeling her head nod lightly against your collarbone. "I missed my favoritest girl very much. Also I missed my Dinah." You smiled carrying her over into the kitchen so you could get her a juice box and take her out to play in the pool. Two hours later, it began to become dark so everyone decided to head inside to watch a movie in the theater room. Before the movie started, you stood in front of the projection screen, clapping your hands together loudly to get everyone's attention. When that didn't work, Gordon whistled loudly, everyone silencing seconds later. You thanked Gordon briefly before speaking up. "First of all, I want to thank you all for welcoming into the family. I was kinda nervous you guys wouldn't like me, but I now that I know you do, I have something to do. Dinah, would you join me up here please?" You questioned, sticking your hand out for her to grasp. She grasped it tightly before looking at you, waiting for you to continue. "Okay, well Hansens, me and Dinah have been together for almost a year, so this is why I'm about to do this," you paused, releasing Dinah's hand, dropping down on knee and grabbing the black velvet box that held Dinah's soon-to-be engagement ring. "Dinah Jane, I've loved you since the first day we met. Your my moon, my sun, and all my stars and I swear to be yours until we're 6 feet under. Will you marry me?" She couldn't speak, so instead, she shook her head yes, tears streaming down her face as she released a sob from her mouth. You slid the ring on her finger, latching your lips onto hers shortly after. The room erupted in claps, the little kids jumping up and down while you embraced each other tightly. "I love you so much." Dinah whispered her voice still hoarse from crying. You smiled lightly, placing a kiss on her forehead and bending down to pick up Regina. "Now you guys can have babies!" She squealed, clapping loudly in your ear as yours and Dinah's eyes went wide. "Maybe in a year or so, Gina. Is that okay?" Dinah asked her sister softly, caressing her cheek with her thumb. Regina smiled widely before embracing you both in a hug, and kissing your cheek multiple times. You giggled and sighed lightly, happy.