Candles in a Storm

(1505 words)
—————————————————
Louis' POV

"Have fun Loubear. I'll see you tomorrow!" I wave goodbye to my mum as she drives off.

I look up at the house I am standing in front of, adjusting my bag on my shoulder and pulling my pillow closer into my chest. Today I am having a sleepover at my boyfriends house for the first time. Of course, my mother has no idea that Harry is my boyfriend, if she did there is no way I would be allowed to sleep over.

I start to walk up the stoned pathway to Harry's front door. My heart is beating loudly in my chest and I try to keep my breathing calm. I don't know why I am so nervous. Harry is perfect in every possible way. That being said, something about the fact that I know his parents are out of town and we will be alone makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand at attention.

Before I even have the chance to ring the doorbell Harry is standing in front of me with a wide smile. Almost instantaneously, all of my irrational worries fade into nothingness. Something about his presence is so calming and comforting, like I know nothing bad could possibly happen when he is around.

I don't have a chance to say anything before Harry takes my arm in his hand and gently pulls me into his house. The door closes behind me and I look up into his beautiful green eyes. His dimpled smile graces his faces and draws me closer. Our lips touch gently in a soft hello.

Harry's hands move to cup my cheeks and I feel a warm sensation spread through my body. I hear my bag slip off my shoulder and hit the floor, my pillow falling between us. My fingers tangle in the hair at the base of his neck. We both slow the movement of our lips, pulling away.

"Hello gorgeous," Harry speaks softly, like his words are a secret for only me to hear.

I feel my cheek heat up. "Hello."

"I've been waiting for you." He wraps his arms around my waist rubbing our noses together.

"You have?"

"Mhm," Harry nods looking at my lips. Eyes glancing in my own before leaning in for another kiss. My hand goes soft and rests on his shoulder, his own simply pressing gently into my lower back. I smile when he pulls away. "I'm really excited." I can see the elation in his eyes.

"Me too." I smile shyly, and find that I actually am now that all my nerves are gone. He places one last kiss to my lips before, leaning down to pick up my bag and pillow, taking my hand, and leading me further into his house.

~~~

Harry and I are currently cuddled up on the couch in his living room. It's dark out now, and we are watching The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. Having finished our pizza moments ago he empty box is still on the coffee table in front of us. I snuggle deeper into the warmth of Harry's side, loving the feeling of being wrapped up in his arms. I am so focused on the film that I flinch when I hear the loud crack of thunder from outside.

Harry chuckles lightly above me. "You alright there, beautiful?" His tone is both teasing and concerned. Though I have never explicitly told him I think he knows about my distaste for thunderstorms.

I nod, pressing my nose into my safe spot in the crook of Harry's neck. "I'm okay." I mumble, shivering. There is a loud boom of thunder and I tense.

"Everything is alright, Lou. I've got you." He holds me tighter and I calm down a little. It only lasts a minute though, because I almost scream when the lights go out. My heart it beating really fast, and I try to burrow deeper into Harry's side. "Lou?" He asks softly. I sniffle trying to stay calm. "Hey it's alright, let's get some candles, okay darling?"