Summer Love

(2220 words)
——————————————————
Louis' POV

I hear snickering as I walk down the halls of my high school. I try to ignore them as I make my way to my locker. So far no one has said anything yet though so that's a bonus.

"Hello Lewis." And I spoke too soon.

I turn to face Aidan, glaring at him as he smirks at me.

"How's Harry?" He mocks.

The snickering in the hall gets louder.

You see, I made the mistake of telling people part of the truth when I came back to school. That I went to London for the summer and met the most incredible guy. A guy who also happens to be a famous singer.

It was my own fault really. I should have known they wouldn't believe me when I said that I became friends the Harry Styles over the summer. Although the truth is we were more than friends. Still are.

We both knew we wouldn't be able to see each other when I went back to Doncaster. He had to stay in London to work on his new album and I had to go back the prison known as school.

I miss him like crazy. Yes, we text and call and video chat but it's not the same. I want to hug him, touch him, and kiss him.

Harry also isn't out yet so that adds to the problem. If we had been seen by paps at all while we were in London then maybe people would have believed me. But Harry's management wouldn't let that happen. Not yet.

He's working on it. He plans to come out with the release of his next album. He doesn't want it to be a big thing either.

He told me that, and I quote "I want to be seen walking around holding hands with the most beautiful boy in the world". I called him a sap and playfully hit his arm when he said that, hoping that he couldn't see the blush on my cheeks. I think he did but he didn't say anything at the time.

"I spoke to him last night." I say, turning back to my locker and pulling out my textbook for my first class.

"Sure." Aidan continues to mock me. "More like you were talking to your imaginary friend last night."

I slam my locker shut when he says this, drawing the attention of the few people who weren't already watching our encounter. I haven't gotten mad at anyone since I told them. I know there is no proof that we where friends, besides all the pictures in my phone that "are so obliviously photoshopped".

Today, however, I can't take it, I miss him too much.

"Were you there with me in London? No. So do you know what happened? No. You don't know anything so leave me the fuck alone." I say loud enough for everyone in the hallway to hear.

Aidan looks like he is about to say something else but I leave before he gets the chance.

- - - - - - - -

No one bothers me about Harry for a couple weeks after that. No mean comments, no snickering or whispering and pointing when I walk by. I think that they just got bored of it.

That is, until one specific morning.

It is Friday the 28th if September and I am currently sitting in the cafeteria eating my lunch. I usually sit by myself and today isn't any different. I never really had friends at school, I have way more friends online.

About half way through the break I hear a girl squeal from the other side of the cafeteria.

"Oh my god Harry Styles released a new song!!"