thanks for picking me

(3720 words)
—————————————————
POV Switches

Today. I'm going to do it today. If I don't I will probably never convince myself to do it ever.

~ ~ ~

When I walked into the club I instantly saw him. All tall and gorgeous, the greenest eyes and the curliest hair. He seemed comfortable and stiff at the same time. Like he was both confident and insecure simultaneously. It was intriguing to say the least. It also helped that his gorgeousness seemed to be something he didn't notice about himself. Like he couldn't feel the eyes of almost every guy, and a few girls, find their way back to him.

I came here to get laid. Pathetic and somewhat disgusting I know. But I'm horny and single. I am well aware of how much of a shit person I must seem like. I don't like one night stands, not at all, but no one ever wants to see me for more than a night.

Looking over the gorgeous stranger I can't help but wonder what he is like. Not in a sexual way, well only a little. I wonder if he likes having deep conversations with people at three in the morning, or if he gets adorably excited when a book he has been waiting for comes in stock.

I slowly make my way over to the bar. Partially for a drink, partially for a chance to talk to the gorgeous green eyed stranger.

~ ~ ~

The music of the club is pounding loudly in my ears. The smell of alcohol, sweat, and the combined smell of cigarette smoke and weed is surrounding me. I take a sip of my drink, allowing the bitter taste of the alcohol slide down my throat.

I don't like drinking when I'm here. I want to be fully aware when it finally happens, but I know that if I don't have at least one drink I won't have the courage to do it.

I look around the room at the all the people dancing and grinding against each other. They all look like they were having so much fun, so carefree and themselves.

I started coming to this gay club a few weeks ago. I don't really know why but I was scared to come in here. Everyone here are just people, laughing and dancing, and drinking and smoking.
I remember the first time I walked in here I thought it would be like walking into a different dimension, where everything was rainbows and sparkles. It surprised me when I walked in and it looked like a regular club. The only difference being that, girls were grinding on girls instead of guys, and the guys were grinding on other guys.

It took me all of two minutes to get over that, when I took three shots and started dancing around with random people. I still remember how surprised I was when a girl started dancing with me, so much to the point that I completely froze. She had turned so she was facing me she came closer and whispered in my ear.
"Sorry darling, I thought you swung both ways." She looked apologetic. I remember shrugging and talking into her ear.
"I don't know which way I swing." She grinned and continued to dance with me, until she left with a large group of girls.

Now looking over the scene of the club I can't help but smile. Finally feeling comfortable in myself for the fist time.

I finish my drink and turn back to the bartender, asking for another. He is making it when someone comes up next to me. I glance at them for a moment, but then look back. My eyes unable to stop gazing at the man.
He is so beautiful. Most of the time when I have found men attractive I never found them beautiful, it's usually just hot. But dear god he is so beautiful.

His eyes are piercing blue and searching the room. His light brown hair is swooping across his forehead, his defined cheekbones are illuminated under the harsh light of the club. His tawny skin contrasts well with the black ink covering his right arm. My eyes roam over the rest of his body. He is wearing a short sleeved shirt so I can see his muscular arms. He has nice legs and an incredible ass, things that should embarrass me to notice but for some reason don't.