The Reason We Do This

(1315 words)
——————————————————

Louis POV

We finally decided to do something for the fans. One Direction as been on a hiatus for five years, and we decided that we should do something for the ten year anniversary. We are doing one final show, one final meet and greet; one final thing all together. Well almost all together, Zayn decided against joining us.

Harry and I are in our dressing room, waiting for the meet and greet. We got married a few years back and haven't been happier. He wraps his arms around me from behind and presses his face into my neck.

"How are you baby?" I ask.

"I'm glad I can do this with you again." He answers, gently kissing my neck. "Even if it's for the last time."

"I know, love."

Harry wanted us to all come back together at some point, but for now that is not going to happen. With management hating us and not wanting us to leave at the same time. We can't officially comeback until we leave Modest!Management. I turn to face him and see a pout on his lips.

"No pouting, love." I say kissing his lips. When I pull away the brightest smile covers his face, he giggles. Actually giggles. It's the cutest thing in the world. I feel butterflies erupt in my stomach at the sound.

"That's better." I poke his dimple and he flushes. I guess I still have that affect on him.

"You lot better not be making out in there." We hear coming from the other side of the dressing room door. The door opens and Liam and Niall walk in.

"Thank god." Liam mutters.

"Hey," Harry says, dragging out the 'e' sound. "we're not that bad."

"Sorry to tell you, love, but we really are." He looks at me, flushing again when I wink at him.

"Oh god, don't start." Liam says dramatically flopping down on the couch. I roll my eyes at him.

"Shut up Liam, they're cute." Niall says in our defence. Liam huffs.

"Anyways, lads we have to go to the meet and greet." Liam says changing the subject.

We all start heading out of the room, Liam and Niall ahead of us. I go to follow them, but Harry grabs my hand lacing out fingers and holding me back. I give him a questioning look. He pulls me in for a kiss. Whispering "I love you" when he pulls away. I smile brightly at him, saying "I love you too" just as softly. I peck his lips before following the other lads.

As we walk closer I can hear screams, I glance over at Harry before we walk out. I unlace our fingers and we walk out into the room and the screams get louder.

- - - - - - -

We have been greeting fans for about have an hour or so. A lot of them are excited to see Harry. And I am starting to get jealous. Not of Harry, I couldn't be prouder of him. I am getting jealous of all the girls he hugs, and who's cheeks he kisses. It doesn't help that he looks absolutely gorgeous. Standing there in bright blue floral print pants, that are definitely to tight and a black button up shirt that is is barely buttoned at all.

Normally I wouldn't being complaining, but considering that a lot of the girls seem to be appreciating the view just as much as me, I am not enjoying it as much. I definitely don't like it when the next girl comes forward. She is wearing the shortest and tightest black dress I have ever seen. And way to much makeup. She even pushed her boobs up before coming forward. God, hate not being out.

Harry however seems completely oblivious to this, being way to busy staring at my ass to notice when she starts walking directly towards him. Thank god for these jeans, I think. Out of the corner of my eye I see Liam smirk and Niall snort, apparently noticing the same thing as me. The girl seems to notice too but is more annoyed with the lack of attention on Harry's part, because she huffs. I am trying to contain my laughter as best I can, but I'm failing miserably. I lean over to whisper in Harry's ear.

"Haz, love, as much as I appreciate your interest in my ass the girl who is trying to seduce you does not." He flushes pink when I pull away. Embarrassed that I caught him checking me out.

Niall and Liam both snicker. The girl takes the picture and tries to give Harry her number. Harry declines, and she walks away huffing. As soon as she is out of earshot, we all start laughing.

"Harry you are so oblivious!" Niall cackles.

"That was hilarious!" Liam laughs.

Harry pouts and I lean in to whisper in his ear. "It's alright, love. Good to know you still like these jeans." I wink pulling away.

"Oh I definitely like those jeans." He mumbles, I am the only one who hears. Although I barely do, there seems to be something happening within the crowd of fans.

We all look over and see the next girl in line crying. A lot of fans cry when they see us, but this is different. It's more sad and less excited. Then I hear why she is crying.

"They aren't going to like you, dyke."

"Your gay, why would you even come? It's not like they would accept you."

I glance over at Harry but he gives me a look and I follow him.

"Hey! What's going on?!" I shout at the crowd. The girl is bawling her eyes out. The crowd snickers.

"You alright, love?" Harry asks wrapping an arm around her and pulling her away from the rest of the fans.

"She's a disgusting dyke." Someone calls out.

Harry turns around so quickly, I thought his head would fall off. "What did you just say?"

"She called her a disgusting dyke." Someone else calls.

"Why the hell would you call her that? Just because she like girls doesn't mean you can call her names. Treat people with kindness." He says. I can tell he is trying to keep his cool. We walk away from them. I take the girls hand, she looks up at me tears in her eyes.

"It's alright, love, come with us. What's your name?" I say gently.

"Bailey," She answers quietly. I give Niall and Liam a look and they nod, before going over to a security guard. I see the girl watch them go, anxious. "Everything is alright, love. They is just asking the guard to kick those girls out."

"No, it's okay." The girl says quietly. "I'm used to it, I don't want them to have waisted their money."

Bailey looks down at her arms, that's when I see her scars. I breath out heavily. I look to see if harry sees them too, he does. She notices our change in demeanour, and seems to get anxious again.

"Bailey," I say quietly, trying to reassure her. Before I can finish what I am saying she wraps her arms around my neck. "you're not alone." I say it quietly.

When she pulls away she sees me looking at Harry. She looks between the to of us and at me, asking a silent question. I look at Harry, before giving her a slight nod. She smiles shyly, and wraps her arms around my shoulders again.

"Thank you." She whispers. "Thank you for everything."

When she leaves I look over at Harry and see tears in his eyes. This is why we do this. Even if there are people who just want to use us for publicity. People like Bailey are the real reason we do this. So they don't feel so alone.

'I love you' I mouth to Harry.

He gives me a small smile before mouthing back 'I love you too'.
——————————————————
I saw this post on instagram today and I had to write something. I hope you guys liked it. ☺️

tpwk❤️❤️