Summer Beginings

(1830 words)
—————————————————

Harry's POV

It's the first few days of summer after our first year of sixth form. Louis and I have been friends for forever. When I say forever, I literally mean forever. Our mums were friends way before we were born. And when we were, we would do everything together.

We are probably closer than most best friends, we always have been. We're always touching each other. Whether it be a brush of the finger tips in the middle of class, or cuddling up while watching movies. And let me tell you, the constant touching doesn't at all help the fact that I am hopelessly in love with him.

I first realized something was up when Louis got a girlfriend. Needless to say I was jealous. However I thought I was jealous of Louis for having a girlfriend. One day I realized that I was in fact jealous of the girl who got to snog him. All this forced me to have a panicked mental come out.

Eventually Louis broke up with his girlfriend (thank god). And I came out to him. I was super worried he was going to be disgusted, so I was sobbing when I actually said the words "I'm gay". All I could say was "please don't hate me". But he just held me close and rubbed my back until I calmed down, saying that he "doesn't hate me" and that he "could never hate me". After that we went to the store bought a shit ton of rainbow candy, and ate it all while watching rom-coms.

Now we had just one more year and then we're off to uni. The last summer before everything changes. So of course Louis and I are going to spend as much time together as possible.

Right now we are in his back yard just lying down in the sun. We got out of his pool a few minutes ago, and have been drying off in the sun.

I can't help stare at Louis lying next the me. He is probably the most beautiful thing on this planet. His hair is still damp from the pool, pushed out of his face. His eyes are closed and his pink lips are slightly parted. His bare torso still has a few water droplets covering his chest and little tummy.

God, why does my best friend have to be so hot and why do I have to be so gay?

"Take a picture it'll last longer, love." I hear Louis say.

I snap out of my thoughts, looking up from his perfect body to see his bright blue eyes looking at me. He has a smirk playing at his lips and I flush pink.

"Why would I take a picture when I can look at the real thing?" I ask cheekily.

He scoffs and rolls his eyes. Recently our relationship has changed slightly. It's a lot flirtier than before. I'm not complaining though. Even if I can only be friends with Louis, flirty friends is enough for me.

I stand up to get something to drink. When I look to see what he is doing, he is staring at my torso. It gives me chills.

"I'm going to get something to drink, want anything?" I ask. There is no responds, he's to busy staring at my chest to hear me. I feel my cheeks burn. Is he checking me out?

"Lou?" I say a little louder. He blinks.

"Huh? Oh." He shakes his head, cheeks flushed. "Uh, no thanks I'm good."

I can feel his eyes on me, as I walk to his house. However I can't tell if he is staring at my back or my ass.

I come back out with two drinks. Even though Louis said he didn't want one, I know he would probably steal from mine anyways.

I hand Louis his drink, but he isn't really paying attention. Staring at my torso again. It makes me feel warm inside.

Why does he keep staring?