A pin in a haystack

I has been outside and inside Marinette's house for hours, I was thinking about calling it a night when my cat phone lit up, telling me there was a message. The monkey ringtone gave off a little clue of who it was from. Ooh ooh eee eee! (Heck yeah I have the guys cute ringtones of each other) It was from Kim and it said he was going to call it a night, as much as he didn't want Max to get kidnapped he had to get home and Max had Markov right? I responded with a simple thumbs up telling him I was going to head home soon to, to my lonely empty house. I sighed thinking about it when I heard Marinette's voice behind me. "Your still here kitty?", her voice echoed through the cold night. "I was just thinking about heading out, it's cold out here princess you should probably head to bed, not that you need your beauty sleep", I said smirking. "Yeah but you do", she replied back with no hesitation. I gasped laying a claw over my chest. "You wound me M'lady!", I said, shocked she'd say something like that. But at the same time was surprised it wasn't a lot worse. I sat on the railing looking out at the moon reminding me of a time I did that exact same thing. Marinette walked up next to me grabbing my arm and wrapping it around herself. I laughed the sound ringing in the night. She giggled to but wrapped her hands around my waist, I smiled down at her leaning over to plant a kiss of the top of her head. "Love you bugaboo", I said smiling at her. "Love you too kitty", she said leaning her head onto me eventually falling asleep standing up.
————————
It was almost two a.m. and I was drifting asleep on Mylene's roof, through my dozing I kept getting flashbacks. Some where happy, I threw up in one, some where of my mom, but most of them where of Kim and that camping trip. That picture I threw in the fire, the video of me pretending to be the shrill, the first time Kim kissed me. But some made me want to run and hide, the feeling of getting followed that night I was kidnapped, almost being ran over by a car, that terrible dream. I was getting really tired of being afraid of everything, I remember when I used to be fearless, I used to do bets and dares with Kim and live each day to the fullest. But these days...I lived in fear, alone, I kept my problems isolated to myself and I felt sooner or later if I didn't step back up to being me. More things might fall apart in my life. My thoughts were interrupted by a scream and a light flicker from inside Mylene's room. I jumped up using my umbrella to maneuver into her room. But there was no sign of one of my best friends, only an I and an X and the pin Ivan gave her laying on the floor. I punched the wall leaving a light dent. I was screwing up left and right. I couldn't even keep my friends safe, four of them where already gone and it looks like the lynx is after Ivan next. I could almost feel the Tundra miraculous holders presence, like he was watching me, seeing how I would respond. I climbed back out her window deciding to call Marinette and Kim and head home. I'd had enough excitement for one day and I still had school tomorrow. I had to get to the bottom of this, I can't let anyone else go missing. After I jumped across several building I landed in my room detransforming in the process. I immediately grabbed my phone of my nightstand pulling up Kim's number. I hesitated to call him but finally just tapped the call button listening to the annoying ringing. I ran a hand through my hair a little unsure on what I was going to say to him. Then I heard him pick up. "Hey Alix, what's up?", I heard him say. "Kim...", I said, hesitating on what to say next. "Hey are you alright?", he asked, his voice laced with worry. At the sound of those words I broke down, all the worry, the guilt, the fear, all those emotions I'd been keeping hidden spilled over. I sobbed into the phone just letting go. "Alix? I'll be right there, ok? Hang tight", the phone beeped meaning he'd hung up. I sat there waiting for him to arrive, I knew I had a lot of explaining to do, and I was ready for it.
————————
I had finally arrived at my dads. His small shack on the side of town surrounded by beer cans. I looked through the window seeing only him asleep in his chair. But if Juleka wasn't here who had her? I asked myself that question walking through the streets on my way home. Truth was I didn't want to go home, I would've just stayed there but it was a little too dangerous to sleep on the streets when you have gang members after you from a couple years back. So I started walking home but I passed Chloe's hotel on the way back and the thought of staying in a room for the night didn't sound to bad, besides Chloe said I could stay there whenever I wanted, guess it was time to take her up on it. I walked into the hotel at almost midnight, I knew Chloe liked to stay up late and binge watch movies sometimes, I was hoping she was in that mood tonight. I could go for a good movie to get my kind off Juleka. But even after the two of us started watching movies I couldn't help but wonder, who has my sister?
—————————
I was tired but I didn't dare sleep, my wrists and ankles were so sore from the ropes cutting into them. I'd had plenty of time to examine the room and try and figure out an escape plan. I'd been stuck in a similar situation before. But that's when I had my bracelet, my bracelet had a hidden knife in it. Making it a great escape weapon. But I must have lost it when they kidnapped me. Nathaniel and Rose had woken up but Mylene was still out. I wanted to hold Nathaniel's hand so bad, his chair was closest to mine, we were only about a foot away. He leaned closer to me telling me to lean closer to. I did so, my head landing on the artists shoulder. A light pink color spread across my cheeks as I thought about what I was going to say next. "I love you Nath", I said, looking up at him, a little embarrassed. "Love you too Jules", he said, kissing the top of my head after. My blush deepened as Rose said, "that's so romantic!" Typical Rose.

+++++++++++++
So much for 'I'm only posting on Sunday's' right? 😅 I love reading your comments! ♥️love you guys! Enjoy