31 | Too much

"Jannat it's getting late" I rub her back, politely asking her to move instead of just grabbing her arm and pushing her aside. Which I am so close to doing.

Don't get me wrong, I know after getting married I found out—as cringe as it sound—I love it when my wife is all over me, staying pressed against me, which I found irritating as hell when my siblings would do, but right now I just want to go run towards my building to know who the hell dared to meddle with my wife.

I've already delayed to long and it's shame on my profession that even after being a lawyer and having so many contacts I wasn't able to find out who was behind it. And now finally I hope I get to know something through her phone.

"Jannat it's already 10 I need to go" I politely ask the girl again, whose mood swings are swinging too much since past few days.

Even after my request she only tightens her hold on me and hangs on me like a kola. I look down at her arm in worry, but she has her arm tucked safely.

"When will you come back?" She questions with so much sadness that it makes it impossible for me to peck those pouty lips. So dropping the phone on my lap I wrap my arms around my wife and I pull her on my lap "I'll come back before you start missing me" I tuck the strands of her hair that's hiding her beautiful eyes. Her cheeks flush with the color she loves the most but she still shyly replies "I already miss you, so you won't go?" Almost innocently and too manipulatively she asks to which any freaking creature would give in. But I narrow my eyes at this girl who clearly cleverly knows the effect she has on me.

Laughing at the look I gave her she drops her head on my shoulder. Her shoulder shakes from the laughter she is not able to control, and goodness here my heart is not steady after hearing her laughter.

The only thing I would never get tired off.

After that day I found her crying to herself while she thought I was asleep, she is trying her best to recover for me, for us, I can tell that. She apologised that night so quietly and I was already half asleep so I just remember her whispering she would never make me feel like it was my mistake. And she assured me it wasn't my mistake.

Even though I know I am to be blamed for, but still I remember sleeping peacefully after a long time.

Tilting my head I press a kiss on the skin I see, just below her ear. "I need to leave sweetheart" I whisper since I am speaking right into her ear.

She reluctantly pulls away nods, "but come soon please", "I will" I promise, standing up from the bed, I pocket my phone, and I grab a few more things needed, before moving back to the obviously sulking girl, cupping her nape I press a quick kiss on her forehead.

"Don't stay in room, spend some time with Bhabhi, Mamma and Inaya, Inaya probably went to college" while stuffing my things in my bag I tell her so she doesn't keep herself locked in, which she was successful in last two days, because I stayed at home and did work from home. I pause to look at her when I remember a warning would be needed after what she  did yesterday "-And don't jump around like you were jumping around yesterday, because baby you are not healed yet" she narrows her eyes at my tone "Did you get that? If I find you running around I swear it wouldn't end well" My tone clearly states that I was warning her.

But this girl, she nods absent mindedly and waves at me. As if asking me to get lost. Rolling my eyes mentally at her obvious ignorance I leave the room.

I enter my office with my secretary behind who is clumsily arranging the files he has to submit today while following me. Taking a seat, I sigh when I find Jannat's phone on the desk, it doesn't look cracked and dead. But anyways I bought Jannat a new phone not gonna give her anything that is related to her bad memories.