Chapter eight

VENTI'S POV
Venti watched as Xiao got startled from the jacket and laughed. "What was that for?" "Nothing I just got bored now teach me how to play it the correct way please" "It's simple look it up on YouTube or something" "But I want you to teach me" "You still want to sit on my lap don't you?" "It'll be way easier if you'd just say yes you know" "Not right now I'll help you tomorrow I'm tired" "What a lousy excuse"
Time skip to the next day hehe
Also XIAO'S POV
"If you want me to help you you have to be completely quiet, my dad isn't feeling well and he gets grumpy" Venti nodded his head as Xiao closed the door behind him. "Wait you aren't gonna go live are you?" "I planned to why?" "You're gonna let me sit in your lap while your streaming?" "Sure why not it won't be a short stream though" "Oh ok"
Venti noticed how odd Xiao was acting but ignored it. Once they got everything ready and started streaming Xiao began to explain the game to Venti. Xiao didn't really mind Venti on his lap as much as he thought he would, as much as he wanted to tell Venti he only agreed because he began to get feelings for him but he refused to tell him he didn't want to make things weirder than they already were.
"Xiao I think I messed up" Xiao snapped out of his thoughts and looked at the screen. "Just jump into the water you'll be fine, on second thought let me do it for you"
After a while of playing Xiao got tired and ended his stream. The two ended up watching YouTube together while Venti waited for his ride (Dain) to come and get him. Xiao is wasn't too excited about the next day being Monday but he hoped for the best.
Another time skip because I still don't have enough words
Ganyu decided to stay home and help their dads meaning he'd be going to school by himself. He tried to be quick so he wouldn't get sick himself. He decided to keep to himself this morning which unfortunately ended once he got to class. "Xiao where's Ganyu?!" "Geez Hu Tao be quiet a bit I'm not feeling good right now" "Did you get sick? Do you need water?" "Hu Tao-" "No no go to the nurses office" "Hu Tao your overwhelming him" Venti handed Xiao one of his extra water bottles as he lifted his head placing the back of his hand on Xiao's forehead. "Holy hell Xiao are you sick?" Xiao shook his head drinking the water. "Everyone else in my house is I'm the only one not sick" "Babe- I mean Xiao your forehead is burning I'm pretty sure you got sick as well" Xiao shook his head. "I told you I'm fine" "Ooo he even said he's fine he most definitely is sick" "Hey I'm not genius but won't staying in his house cause him to get even more sick due to all the germs?" "I'm not sure it definitely is risky though, he can go with you right?" Hu Tao shook her head "Yanfei and I got in trouble so no one is allowed over for the next two weeks."
While Venti and Hu Tao continued to discuss where Xiao would go he ended up getting light headed and passed out.
Once he woke up in the nurses office he saw no one there and left. He noticed that it currently was lunch and went to look for Venti.
"Xiao why'd you leave the nurses office!" Xiao looked to the side of him to see Venti with Hu Tao as some other girls. He didn't understand why but he got pretty jealous at the sight of the girl flirting with Venti right in front of him. He decided to sit in the other free spot next to Venti and continuously moved closer to him. "Xiao you okay?" "Of course I am I feel a lot better after waking up in the nurses office and the water that you *MY BOYFRIEND*gave me earlier" The girl looked at Xiao and rolled her eyes. "I'm gonna go to the restroom I'll be back" Once Venti left the tension between Xiao and the Girl was extremely high it almost disturbed Hu Tao. "So Xiao you enjoy being Venti's boyfriend?" "Talk to him again and I'm burning your house down" "Aww looks like someone's still upset over their first relationship" "First relationship? I thought I was the first person you dating" what's she talking about?" "Nothing she just doesn't get that other girl was just my friend who had to move" Venti sat on the other side of Xiao attempting to get him to ignore the girl. "What did he even say to her?" "Something about fire I wasn't listening"
For the rest of poor little Xiao's school day the girl followed him and Venti everywhere they went. Due to her people the principal's daughter she got away with lord of things and harassing Xiao was one of the many things. "No offense it why date Xiao he's so bland and grumpy besides doesn't he have two dads if I'm correct I'm no genius but doesn't that mean he was adopted? You should've picked someone more cute that's with their real parents like me for example" Venti could notice how annoyed Xiao was getting and attempted to calm him down. "Aw what's wrong Xiao can't handle the truth?" The girl said tons of more things to Xiao but he tried his best to ignore it and like a god Zhongli appeared at the school's door. "Xiao look there's your step dad" Venti pushed Xiao towards Zhongli before he strangled the girl. "I gotta meet up with someone bye Xiao!" Venti smiled before running off. "Is everything ok you seem to be upset" "It's nothing when's the next time she'll visit?" "Guizhong? She's supposed to be coming today why? You never ask about these type of things" "It's nothing no reason can we just go home Ganyu owes me something" Zhongli sighed following Xiao to the car.
*Perfect time for me to explain everything about Xiao's family. So in the game Guizhong was a close friend of Zhongli's who passed during the archon war I don't know much about her but you can look her up! also heads up I'm not really comfortable with the whole how babies are made shit but I'll try my best to explain. So basically Zhongli and Childe had wanted kids but obviously two men cannot have kids and they didn't want to adopt so they went to Guizhong I think you get it. She visits them from time to time and what not. Qiqi is technically the only one they adopted to make a long story short*