Chapter One

(Edited)

A punch is thrown into my gut. And blood starts dripping from my mouth, that's new.

"Come on! Just cry! Show us how weak you are! Then we'll stop!" Joe shouts in my face.

But I don't let a single tear drop from my eyes. Not as long as my siblings words ring in my head.

Weakest link, shrimpy, trashcan, sloser

Yep, they even made words to describe how they saw me. I love them so very much. Jk.

Joe kicks me in my gut, making more blood drip from my mouth.

"Come on! Just a single tear and you're free to go!"

I raise my chin, and spit bloody saliva onto Joe's face. Earning a punch square in the face. Causing blood to pour from my nose. Just great.

"Fine! Go home, cry to your mommy! I'll just finish some other time!"

With a snap of his fingers, the two boys holding me up, let go of me. Letting me to fall to the ground. So now I'm getting soaked in my own blood. Hurray! Sike, this just sucks.

+++

When I finally get home, it's around 1am. Not that anyone in my family wold care, or notice. Or anyone in general. I'm not a very liked person.

I enter my house, and shut the door quietly behind me. I go to the kitchen, and press a towel to my still bleeding shoulder. Those boys are unforgiving.

My drunk mother stumbles into the kitchen. With her bottle of vodka still in her hand.

"Raven! Don't get blood on the towel! Do you know how hard it is to get blood out of that?!"

"Yes, because I'm the one who washes everything. Now take some Advil and go to bed."

"Don't tell me what to do! Now get out of my sight!"

I sigh as I climb the stairs to the second floor. Only to run into my lovely older brother. Oh such a nice soul, jk.

"Rae, you're dripping blood on the ground again." With that he shoves me aside, which means into the wall. On my very shoulder that's still bleeding.

"Gee thanks Cole!" I shout.

"Rae shut up! Some people are trying to sleep!" My younger sister Tess yells from her room.

I groan as I go up to the attic. Yes, I've been banished to the attic. I'm obviously the favorite kid. Not.

I shut and lock the door, the strip. Who wants to wear blood soaked clothes? I throw on my pjs, the clean my battle scars of the day. Which includes a pencil stab mark. Just a normal Tuesday at the Scott's house.

...

It's probably around 4am, when I finally give up on the idea of sleep. So I go downstairs to the kitchen, since no ones up I might as well eat some food while I can. But as soon as I open the fridge, my very drunk father stumbles into the kitchen. I try to back away and leave, but he already saw me.

"Get your fat ass over here!"

I rush over to his side, and I stiffen when he pulls his lighter and pocket knife out from his pocket.

"When will you ever learn? How many times do I have to do this for you to learn? Or why don't you just stay out of my sight like you're supposed to?"

He brings the lighter to my neck, and I whimper slightly at the burning sensation. Then I feel him drag his knife against my neck. And now my pjs are bloody. Hurray!

"If I see you again, I'm bringing the big guns."

With that I run back up to my room. Guess that makes day three of no food. Just great. I carefully cover my cut and burn. And lay down.

I was honestly happier at my foster home. Because there, I was bullied or abused by the other kids. We were all a family. But here, with my actual family, I feel so unwanted.

+++

Hey tic tacs!

I hope you like it so far. It does get better, I promise.