Chapter Twenty-Five

(Edited)

*February*

"Raven, why can't I come?" Tyler whines.

"Because! This is my family we're talking about! I'll only be with them for a day or two." I say.

"I really don't see why I can't come with you."

"Oh my gosh Tyler! We've been over this millions of times. I'm going by myself, because it's my family and I know how to handle them."

"Need I remind you of your back?"

That earned Tyler a cold glare.

"Ok fine, I'll let you go, but you have to text me at least once every hour."

I nod, since this is the only way for Tyler to let me go by myself.

"And I'm not gonna hesitate going to your house and getting you. So keep that in mind."

I sigh.

"They aren't going to hurt me."

...

I swallow the lump in my throat and walk into my house through the front door.

They won't actually hurt me, will they? Mom and dad disowned me. So why would they hurt me?

I look around and I don't see anyone, so I just walk up the stairs to my room.

But before I get to the door leading to the stairs that go to my room, my mom comes out of her room.

"Raven, come in here." My mom says and then she walks back into her room. A lump forms in my throat as I follow her into her room.

She sits on the couch in her room, next to my dad. So I sit on the bed across from them.

"So you have a boyfriend?" My mom says. Since it was more of a statement then a question.

"Obviously." I say.

"And his name is Tyler?"

"Yes. Why are you asking me this? You've already met him. I just want my stuff and then I want to leave."

"You have to breakup with Tyler." My dad says.

"I'm sorry what? You don't own me. I do what I want."

My parents start laughing.

"That's where you're wrong Raven. You won't do what you want,  because if you don't breakup with Tyler, then we'll expose him."

"Expose him how?" I ask. I mean, I'm not gonna breakup with him for my parents pleasure, but I'd like to know what they think they have on him.

"We know a few secrets about him and his family. If you don't breakup with him, we'll tell everyone."

What do they know?

"I can't do that. I'm literally living with him. Anyway, why do I have to listen to you? You disowned me, kicked me out, and abused me for years. I'm not breaking up with Tyler!"

They laugh again. Making my stomach churn.

"You're going to breakup with him, and live here, along with going to private school. If you don't, we're telling everyone everything."

I have to basically cut Tyler from my life, and if I don't, everyone's gonna know these secrets my parents have on his family.

Tears start to form in my eyes.

I love Tyler. I love him so much, that I'd be willing to leave him, just so him and his family keep a good name.

"And you promise to keep these secrets safe if I do breakup with him?" I ask.

"That's the point." My mom says.

"How long will it last?"

"Aw that's cute. You think it's going to end." My dad says.

"Now text him right here, telling him it's over. If it's not good enough, your father will write the text."

I let a few tears spill from my eyes as I pull out my phone and open messages.

Tyler, I'm done. I'm sorry. It's not you, it's me. I just can't do this. Please don't contact me anymore. I'm really sorry. Goodbye. -Raven

My mom plucks my phone from my hand, and sends the message. Then blocks Tyler. And then places the phone in her pocket.

"You don't get a phone anymore. Now go to your room."

I get up and run to my room. And as I leave, I hear my parents start laughing.

They can't really know secrets about Tyler, right? Tyler knows it's not true, and I'd never leave him. Or does he.

Memories from the time he got sick, and couldn't stop crying because he was scared I'd leave, flash through my mind. Maybe he'll think it's real.

I'll have to find a way to let him know I still love him. And that it's not true. That I was forced to do it.

******

Plot twist😏