Chapter Forty-Three: Part Two

(Edited)

*Still the first day of August*

Tyler parks his car in front of a cute little townhouse.

It's a pale yellow, with white trimming. It looks just like the pictures.

"Shall we go in?" Tyler asks.

I nod eagerly.

Tyler opens the door, and I see that all the walls are this creamy off white color, and it's all bright due to the windows.

I walk around a bit, and see that there's three bedrooms, and two bathrooms. And it's much bigger then Tyler's apartment.

"Oh, and I have a job interview for the café right down the street."

"Great. Another job." I say sarcastically.

"Babe, it's literally walking distance."

"You won't let me walk there." I state.

"Yeah, but I'll drive you there."

I roll my eyes.

"Hey... so I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date later today? To like... celebrate a new chapter in our lives?" Tyler says scratching the back of his head nervously.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I wanna go?"

Tyler shrugs.

"Gosh I love this place." I say looking around.

Tyler chuckles as he walks towards me, and pulls me in for a kiss.

He puts his hand at the back of my neck so I have no escape, not that I really wanted to get away though.

Mentally shrugging, I snake my arms around Tyler neck, and pull him even closer. Well, as close as you can get to a pregnant lady.

"Ew! That is nasty! You coulda warned me cuz!" I hear Easton shout.

Tyler groans as he pulls away, and I just giggle.

"Wow Ty. Sorry we're interrupting your little... makeout sesh." Angel giggles.

"Go fuck yourself Ang." Tyler says to Angel as he starts kissing my neck.

"Yeah sorry... that's kinda East's job."

I fake gag.

"Ok, we're done here." I say holding up my hands in surrender as I walk off to the stairs.

Yes! This townhouse has two levels! So cool right?!

...

Tyler's POV:

I would have gone after Rae, probably just to kiss her more, but instead I wait for her to make it up the stairs and out of hearing range.

"So...?" Easton says.

"She agreed to the date!" I whisper shout.

"I still don't get why I can't tell her." Easton mumbles.

"East you are so fucking dumb sometimes." Angel says shaking her head.

"Have you asked her parents about it yet?"

Angel smacks the back of Easton's head. "What the hell? Has your head been in your ass this whole time? Raven doesn't have a good relationship with her parents."

I sigh and I sit on the ground leaning against the counter.

I know Raven's slowly getting over her family disowning her, but I know she's still hurt. Even if her parents were abusive, they were still her parents. I can't even imagine having my parents hate me from before I was even born.

"It's really sad actually. I can't imagine how she must feel. I mean, I know how heartbroken she was when she first found out."

Angel sit next to me and rests her head on my shoulder.

"She's a fighter. And she has you. I don't think there's a single thing she couldn't get through."

...

Raven's POV:

I stare at the dress in front of me.

"Do you like it?" Angel asks.

"Like it? Girl I love it!!" I say hugging Angel to the best of my ability. Hugging is hard to do when you're pregnant.

"Well, I hear Easton say Tyler was asking you out on a date, and I remembered seeing this super cute maternity dress."

I squeal a little as I look back at the dress. It's a light forest green, with noodle straps, and it is semi tight, and somehow makes me look super skinny. Even though I'm pregnant.

I immediately put it on. And gosh, I look so good!

Angel does some natural makeup, and loosely curls my hair making. And to make things better, the blue part of my hair matches with the green somehow.

"Alright girl, go get your man!" Angel says basically pushing me down the stairs to where Tyler is.

I stop at the bottom of the stairs, while Tyler and I just stare at each other, and slowly check out each other.

Tyler's standing there in black jeans, and a matching green button up shirt. And he even brushed his hair.

"Wow Rae, you look good."

"You too buddy."

I walk up to Tyler, and reach up to run my fingers through his hair.

"I like it better messy." I whisper.

"I like it better messy too." He says as his eyes shift to glare at Easton.

...

Tyler nervously looks around the fancy restaurant, then takes a sip of water.

"Ty what's wrong? You've been acting nervous the whole date."

"Well... You know how we're starting a new chapter in our lives? We're going to have our children, I'm starting college, and we've moved into a house. I love you Raven. Like I really really love you."

I smile. "I really really love you too."

Tyler clears his throat, and stands up from the table, only to go down on one knee. And open a small box, showing a small but beautiful ring. It looks just like my promise ring, but instead of my birthstone on it, it's a diamond. Or what looks like one

"I- I love you so much Raven. And I get we're both young, but we're going to be together forever. And I don't want to start college with you as my girlfriend, I want you as my fiancée. Raven will you marry me?"

I think my heart stopped. Everything's in slow motion. The people near our table are all silent waiting for my answer, and I'm just sitting here crying like a maniac.

"Yes!" I say when I finally realize that I can talk. And not just cry.

Tyler slips the ring onto my finger, and hugs me while the people around us cheer.

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too. And I can't wait to see what the future brings us, as long as you're in it." Tyler whispers back.

And that's when I realize, I've always had a reason to stay. I've always been cared for and love. I've always been wanted. I just couldn't see what was right in front of me. For once I genuinely feel wanted. I'm finally wanted.

THE END