Chapter Eight

(Edited)

When the end credits of the movie we were watching start rolling, I stand up and stretch. Then let out a little yawn.

"That was adorable."

I roll my eyes at Tyler's comment. 

"Don't roll your eyes, it was."

I plop back down on the couch, and rub my eyes.

"So do I have to walk home or what?"

"I'll drive you. Which is what I was already going to do."

I nod. Then smack my forehead.

"What was that?"

"Oh, I just remembered I have to buy a jacket and/or a hoodie. Since it's getting cold, and I don't have any."

"You can have a few of mine if you want."

Hm... free clothes? Sounds like a deal to me. Who cares if it comes from a guy, who I kinda dislike. It's free.

"Alright. I'm up for free stuff."

Tyler chuckles as he walks off to his room.

He comes back with one zip up jacket, and two hoodies.

He holds them out, and I snatch them.

"Ready to go?"

I nod and get off the couch.

...

"I'm not dropping you off here." Tyler says once he sees I took him to the park a few blocks from my house.

"You can't be seen at my house though. I'm not allowed to have friends."

"What?!"

Right.  I forgot he still doesn't know everything that goes on in my life.  Which is easy to forget when he's constantly following you around.

"Never mind. Just drop me off here."

"I am not letting you walk home alone."

"Tyler it's just a few blocks."

"Yeah, just a few blocks, in the middle of the night, in a not so good area in Maryland."

"I literally walked to Pennsylvania in the middle of the night the other day. And I'm fine. It's just a few blocks."

"You walked to Pennsylvania?! Why didn't I know about this until now?!"

I groan and roll my eyes as I just hop out of the car. And start walking.

"Raven! Where are you going?!" Tyler yells from his car.

"Home Tyler. I'm going home."

I start walking, when Tyler appears by my side.

"What are you doing?"

"Since you wouldn't let me drive you home, I'm walking you."

I stop and plant a firm hand of his chest to stop him.

"Yeah,  that's a big fat no. I could get in sooo much trouble if I'm seen with  you. Anyway, why give me a pocket knife and gun if you never let me walk  anywhere?"

"Fair point. But I'm still walking you home. Think of it as your payment for those hoodies and jacket."

Darn it. He got me there.

"Fine. But just so you know, you're a complete douche."

"I expect nothing less from you."

...