Chapter Twenty

(Edited)

I wake up, and see Tyler just watching me sleep.

"Good morning sugarplums."

I groan and roll to the other side, facing away from Tyler.

"You're a fucking stalker Short."

Tyler sighs and pulls my back into his chest.

"Back to calling me Short?"

"Yes." I snap.

Ok, so I might be the tiniest bit hungry.

"Alright Scott."

I groan.

"It's cute when I call you Short. But calling me Scott is just embarrassing. Also because that's my family's last name."

"Ok. I'll call you Mira."

I sigh. "Better than Scott."

Tyler chuckles.

"So, is someone hungry?"

"Maybe...?"

Tyler rolls out of bed and sadly puts a shirt on. He's just so hot.

"Oh, Angel and Easton are coming over. So get dressed. Easton doesn't get to see you in your morning beauty. Only me."

I roll my eyes.

"So possessive. And we aren't even dating." But I wish we were.

Tyler shoots me a glare as he walks out of the giant bedroom.

Sighing, I slap on some of Tyler's clothes, over my tank top and shorts I was already wearing, and walk out of the bedroom. Just in time to see Easton and Angel walking in.

"Hey cuzy! I missed you!!" Easton says as he takes Tyler into a bear hug.

"We saw each other yesterday dumbass."

"Yeah, but that was hours ago. I swear I was having Tyler withdraws. Right Angel?"

"Yeah sure..."

Angel walks over to me with a smirk in her face.

"Girlllllll guess what I overheard?"

"What?"

Angel grabs my arm and drags me back to the bedroom. She shuts and locks the door. The. Jumps on the bed, patting the spot next to her. So I sit down across from her.

"So East and Ty we're talking on the phone last night. After we left. East was stupid and left it on speaker. And man, did I overhear so teaaa!!!!"

I'm so close to smacking Angel. Who cares if I met her yesterday. It feels like I've known her for years, which is a weird and foreign feeling for me.

"Tell me!"

She takes a deep breath, and breaks out into a huge grin.

"So like I said, East and Ty were talking. Ty was talking about you. I didn't hear much, but I hear Easton say, 'Tyler you sly dog. If you love her, don't hide it... It doesn't matter if you haven't dated yet. Love is love. Just tell her.' Lover boy loves you!"

My jaw drops.

That's not possible. Tyler's Tyler, and I'm me. Sure we like each other, but love? I mean, I'm pretty sure I love him, but how could he love me?

"Not possible. Short could never love me. I'm an inbreed. Everyone in my family knows it."

Before I can process what happened, it's too late. Angel's hand connected with my face.