Chapter Twenty-Two

(Edited)

*Christmas Eve*

"Promise we won't loose contact?" Angle asks. As Tyler basically pushes me into the car.

"I promise! I can't loose my only best friend!"

"Same here Rae. Same here."

Tyler starts up the car and drives away.

"I'm glad you and Angel are friends."

"Same here. The only actual friend I had before her was you. And you were a sucky friend."

"You wound me Rae."

I just chuckle.

"So, do you want to do anything for Christmas? Seeing as how it's tomorrow."

"Not really. I'm not big on holidays."

"Good because neither am I. So... homemade dinner and Netflix?"

"Obviously."

Tyler chuckles.

"Good."

...

"Raven! Wake up!" Tyler yells as he smashes a pillow on my face. "It's Christmas!"

I groan.

"Why is it that as soon as we start dating you become, not sweet, but annoying?"

"Because I love you?"

I sigh.

"I love you too douchebag."

Tyler pecks my lips, then drags me out of bed.

"I made pancakes."

I groan. Even though I love his pancakes.

"Hey Rae, quick question, do you know a good place to bury two bodies? And do your parents know how to swim?"

"Why?"

"Because I might have ran into them at the store. And we might have exchanged a few words. And now I'm sure your parents hate me."

"I'm sorry what?"

"I was at the store this morning to buy something, and I saw your parents. We exchanged words, and now I'm sure they hate me."

"You've never met my parents."

"Well..."

I narrow my eyes at Tyler.

"I made friends with that Dax kid-"

"My little brother." I butt in.

"Yeah whatever. He didn't treat you like a brother. Anyway, he's been giving me intel on your family and parents. Like what they look like. And other stuff. Please don't be mad, I love you."

I sigh. I'd be mad. But I honestly can't stay mad at Tyler. I always pretend to still be mad at him, but usually I forgive him right away.

It's hard to stay mad at him when all he does is care about me.

"What were these words you exchanged with them?"

"Wait, are you mad?"

"Not really no. If anything I'm just mad about you not telling me you were talking to Dax."

Tyler rubs the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Yeah, sorry about that."

I just shrug.