Chapter Thirty-One

(Edited)

*March... again*

"That's your boyfriend?!" Darcy asks pointing to Tyler, who's walking towards me.

"Yes, that's my boyfriend."

Tyler sits next to me, I turn to him crossing my arms.

"What the hell douchebag? You should be at your school, not mine."

"I had to check in on you. Make sure you're feeling ok. Also you're super hot in that uniform."

I smack his arm.

"I'm fine. And you're messed up. Go back to school."

"At school it's currently lunch, and then I have a free period. So I'm chilling with you for your lunch." Tyler says pressing his hand to my forehead. "You sure you're fine?"

I squat his hand off my forehead.

"I'm perfectly fine Ty. Now I wanna know how you even got in here. It's called private school, because it's not open to the public."

"My mom used to go here. And she knows the principal."

I roll my eyes and turn back to my friends. Just to see them both staring at me and Tyler.

"Dude, I want what they have." Darcy says to Aiden.

"Me too."

...

Tyler picks me up from school, and I'm finally starting to feel a little sick.

Tyler reaches over, and places his hand on my thigh. But my phone buzzes before he can say anything.

I look down at my phone, and it's a number I don't know. So I pick it up.

"Hello?"

"RAVEN MIRA DESTEFANO SCOTT!! GET HOME THIS SECOND OR I'LL TELL EVERYONE THE SECRETS ABOUT THE SHORTS!!!" I hear a familiar voice literally scream into the phone. I don't know what to do. "Raven, I swear I will!"

"I'm not coming home again. And it took you a while to realize I was even missing. I'm not your child anymore. And do not call me a DeStefano. We both know I'm not their child anymore. And tell the whole damn world your so called secrets on the Shorts. I don't care! You are not my mother. You never were. And I hope you're happy, and I wish you the best in your sad miserable life. But you cannot and will not take my happiness away. And if you try again, I will call cps on you. Don't try me." With that I hang up, and block my mom's number.

I angrily slam my phone onto the spot between my legs. And then remember I'm in a car with my boyfriend, who has pulled the car over, and is looking at me very intensely.

"Um... my mom called." I say as I look away from Tyler.

"I kinda figured that. But what was that about calling the cps?"

I sigh and start messing with Tyler's fingers.

"I'm not actually calling them. Nor will I ever. I just... I want her to think I will. I want her to be so afraid of me doing that, so that she stays completely out of my life."

Tyler squeezes my hand, and starts the car up again.

"We don't have to have that dinner with my family if you don't want to. They can wait, you can't."

I shake my head.

"It's ok. I still wanna have it. And by that I mean I wanna meet your family."