Chapter Twenty-Three

(Edited)

*January*

I wake up, and immediately regret it. I wish I never woke up. Wanna know why?

Because winter break is over, and I have to go to school. More like literal hell.

I smash my pillow onto Tyler's lovely face. And he wakes up and groans.

"Why must you do this ever morning?"

"Because I love you." I say with a grin.

"I love you too." Tyler says.

He pulls me down into a hug, and slips his hand under my shirt and rubs my back.

His fingers trace over the scars, making me self conscious again.

What if he decides I'm too scarred to love? Or I'm too broken?

"Raven, don't doubt anything about yourself. I love you for who you are." Tyler whispers, obviously knowing what I was thinking.

"Ty I don't wanna go to school."

"I don't either, so we can both be miserable together."

I sigh as I roll out of bed and walk to the kitchen.

After making some food for myself, I go back to our room. To see Tyler's still sleeping.

I slip on some ripped jeans and one of Tyler's hoodies, then jump onto Tyler.

I'm a loving girlfriend, aren't I?

"Raven." Tyler groans as he pushes me off him. And snuggles back into the bed.

"Fine be like that, I'll just walk to school." I lie.

There's no way I'm walking to school. I just want Tyler to think I'm mad at him so he'll get up.

I watch him for a few minutes and realize he's not getting up.

I sigh as I walk over to him.

"Baby are you feeling ok?"

Tyler groans in response.

"You should stay home." I say.

"Yeah."

I lean down and give him a quick peck.

"I guess I'll ride the bus or something."

"I'm sorry. Can't you just take my car?"

I chuckle softly. "It's cute you think I know how to drive. Adorable really."

I grab my backpack and walk out of the apartment. I guess I'll take the bus.

...

I get to the school, and see Marc taking another kids food. Guess he doesn't want mine anymore, not that I'd give it to him.

I get to my locker and open it, only for my head to be crammed in it by Jace my dearest brother.

"Loser." He mumbles as he walks away.

No way I'm gonna be missing his sorry butt.

I get what I need and close my locker, then Jess slams me up against it.

"Where's lover boy?" She asks.

"Does it matter?"

"Not as long as he's not with you. Honestly I don't even know what he sees in you. Your own family couldn't find a use for you, so now they're just throwing you away. It's actually funny. You really think Tyler would want an inbreed like you." She starts laughing as she walks away. Leaving me just standing there.