21. Let's Talk

21. Let's Talk
Not everything is about money.

"We discussed three hundred bags of KitKats for this scene. Where are the goddamn KitKats?!"

Mr. Osborne's vicious green eyes stared at the tiny pile of KitKats sitting in the corner like a child in timeout.

Roshan and I stared at one another as the director of our first movie went berserk. He couldn't blame me for this one as Roshan was responsible for arranging the food. His father was the producer after all.

"That was all I could find within a fifty mile radius," Roshan lied.

No way did stores run out of KitKats a few weeks before Christmas and New Years'. Roshan probably only remembered these before coming to work this morning. I was waiting for the director to start screaming at him to leave and get more instead the man turned to me.

"You're the second AD and you couldn't be bothered to ascertain the scene requirements?" he asked me in disbelief.

"Hey man, I told her I'd take care of it," Roshan said before I could don the disgusting man a few colorful words.

"It doesn't matter who screwed up because neither one of you can take any responsibility," Mr. Osborne spat frustrated.

"We can shoot a different scene," I suggested.

"No!" he snapped. "Someone better go get the damn KitKats. We are finishing this scene today! I don't care if it's a fourteen hour shift."

"I'll go," I said clenching my jaw.

"Good," said Mr. Osborne.

I kept my cool and left the set. I drove myself today which meant I couldn't even send the driver to get the chocolates. I ended up going to ten different stores to reach a count of three hundred bite sized KitKats.

When I returned to the set, the KitKat scene had already begun and everyone was quietly watching the actors perform.

"Cut!" the director snapped.

The scene ended and he told the crew to prepare for the next scene.

I hurried up to him to show him the chocolates.

"We don't need that many," the director said when he saw me. "What Roshan brought was enough for the scene. You can give those out to the crew if you want."

"Why did you make me get these?" I couldn't help but ask.

He shrugged and went to talk to the DOP.

I took a deep breath and went to my locker where I kept my purse and phone. I had been carrying the paper in my purse since last week and it was the golden opportunity today to hand it in.

I returned to the set where everyone stood confused by my speedy return. The director raised an eyebrow as I brought the letter out of my purse and handed it to him.

"It was a pleasure working with you," I said bitterly. "I hope it was the first and last time we worked together."

Roshan who was standing by the man's side blinked in shock. He shook his head at me.

"Annie—" Roshan started desperately.

"Maybe if my dad was producing the movie, I would've received the same treatment as you," I told him. "But my dad's dead and so is my respect for this man."

I gave the director a pointed look.

"Annie, you're—" Roshan started.

"Ro, I need to go."